Ricky Martin: I Am a Fortunate Homosexual Man

After years of scrutiny, Ricky Martin has come out of the closet.

Ricky Martin
Martin just posted the following message on his official website: "Today is my day, this is my time, and this is my moment ... These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."

He ends his post with, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

weicreation:  1579 days ago

much love kiki, to your evolution towards inner peace...

Ron Caissie:  1579 days ago

As a Gay dad myself, I am so proud of you Ricky. My only wish and dream for you is you enjoy your new found freedom, enjoy your children and continue to live your truth. I would wish one day to sit over coffee and chat about what it means to come out as a gay dad. Love and light sent your way from this gay dad to you,
Ron Caissie.
P.S. my Boys are 13, 15, and 17

Jade:  1579 days ago

well Freedom is other person's freedom

Good for you Riky that comeout but this is no a surprise for many
but who care what people think .
better to be happy with are self's than just make other people happy

Kisses from Europe Here we are open minded so nothing will be a shock

me:  1579 days ago

I am glad that Ricky made this decision. I never cared wether Ricky was gay or not. It has been speculated years ago but he announced it when he felt ready to. He is an amazing artist, God bless him and his beautiful babies. To people saying he is doing this for publicity, he doesn't need it. He's been an entertainer since he was a young teen. Ricky I love you and you will always have my support!!!

Steve Miles:  1578 days ago

Good for him, his true fans already knew (actually most people already knew) and will stick by him and continue to appreciate his music.

jan:  1578 days ago

$$$$$ The livin la vida loca days are over$$$$$ Now let try to sell a book$$$$ the right thing to do was to come out in the 90's not 2010 but I guess it's all about the benjamins baby$$$

Lia:  1578 days ago

Shocking... =|

AZNeme:  1577 days ago

ewww..one more sick mofo I won't be purchasing albums from. Let's hope he catches AIDS quick! What a waste of a good human.

Drew:  1576 days ago

it is really sad how corrupt and perverted the "super-stars" of our day have become. Ricky Martin has chosen to be homosexual because of his obsession with sex. Just like the rest of the stars today, everyone is "coming out" and saying there gay or whatever to get more publicity because to tell you the truth no one really cared about him anymore. He had his time and then it was done, but his lust for fame and sex have driven him to now pursue men for sex and to fulfill his perverted nature. I genuinely feel sorry for Mr. Martin and I hope he finds that the love he is looking for will not be found in homosexuality.

Aimee:  1579 days ago

We all knew it and I am VERY glad he came out. Way to go Ricky!

Heather:  1579 days ago

as a pre op transexual I would gladly go back and spend the day as a man to spend the "day" with Mr Martin :)

yami:  1579 days ago

Though we all kinda knew for years, I'm very glad and proud that he came out. We still love you Ricky.

jae:  1579 days ago

I like that. Did it on his own timeline and on his own terms. The man has class.

Julie:  1579 days ago

woah. wow. what a shock. like we didn't know this YEARS ago! come on, really is anyone surprised?

Amy:  1579 days ago