NEWS: Kim Kardashian: Don't Idolize "Teen Mom!"

0120_kim"Teen Mom" is one of the most popular shows on MTV -- and that worries Kim Kardashian.

"It seems that shows like Teen Mom are all of a sudden making teen pregnancy seem cool in the eyes of young girls," the reality star wrote on her official blog yesterday, "The kids from these shows are all over the news, even on the covers of magazines, and have become almost like celebrities, but girls, these are not people you should idolize!"

Kim continues, "When I think back to when I was 16, there is no way I would even have considered having a baby. That thought wouldn’t even have entered my head. Having a baby is one one of the biggest, and most life-changing decisions a person can make and while I’m not saying that no teen is in the position to raise a child, having a baby so young shouldn’t be seen as the trendy thing to do.

Kim's closing words: "Girls, please, think very carefully before you make these kind of decisions. Talk to your family, friends, teachers, and most of all, be careful."

Reggi Bush :  1280 days ago

yet ppl should idoize her..?? getting famous for putting out a sex tape with ray j and becoming faous for that?? ya thats a good one kim...

Samantha:  1280 days ago

That's the first sensible thing ever said by a Kardashian. I totally agree.

msaquarius123845:  1280 days ago

she should definetly not throw stones, however, if someone wants to be a whore over the age of 25 (which she totally was when this tape came out) then let her do her. Pimp MaMa Kris should be under fire for pimping out Kyle and Kendall at such young ages, that's not Kim's fault. MTV really has signed the devil contract with Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, Skins, Teen Cribs, etc. But I guess it goes with the territory. When I was younger, the risque part of MTV was the Real World and Music Videos, it pretty much ended there. Do they even play music videos anymore? I know that sounds insane but I really don't think I've seen a music video on MTV in a few years.

TT:  1280 days ago

I think Kim needs to rethink how she processes the world. Not saying she wasn't popular before the sex tape--- but that is what gave her and her family this new-found fame. And correct me if i am wrong, she also got married at a young age going against her parents. So those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

maggie042901@hotmail.com:  1280 days ago

Being a teen mom is bad but having a sex tape is okay.

sharon:  1280 days ago

Go kim. Though you have mistakes of your own in the past, you are speaking out to young women about their futures. I 100% agree with you and think it's awesome you're using your platform to influence others who look up to and respect you. No matter your past, you have turned into such a beautiful role model to aspiring business minded women!!

Maryjane:  1280 days ago

Man yall are just hating on Kim!!! DONT HATE CONGRADULATE!! First of all she had been with Ray J for years before the tape came out so cant really call her a hoe. Its not her fault she looks good and her family is interesting. Yall just wish yall had her life. HATERS!!!

sPaNkDeNALgAs:  1279 days ago

I was a teen mom & I must agree with what Kim is saying. Them girls should not be idolized but used as an example. Many sites and magazines have posted these teen moms on their front covers/pages & for what? because they got their body back & are now in a bikini?

go Kim

April:  1279 days ago

Um Kim your own sister Kourtney got knocked up unplanned---save your speech for her!

RealityBlows:  1279 days ago

Not that I think the Kardashians should be famous - but if there is a show that turns no name teen moms into celebrities then that show is promoting teen pregnancy. I think both shows should be canceled!

Ash85:  1279 days ago

I don't think it matters what Kim became famous for. Who cares.... All she is saying is that young girls should not get pregnant and shouldn't think that if they get pregnant that they will be on the show. And they really shouldn't. The girls that are getting pregnant so young need a reality check. Parent's that are actually supervising what their children are doing.

kris:  1277 days ago

April are you kidding me??? you are comparing teen pregnancies to Kourtney??? Kourtney had her baby at 30, not 16..idiot.

LookU-notDown:  1277 days ago

The only one that can look down on people is GOD. Judging makes everyone fall in the same category. We all make mistakes.

Hisjules:  1276 days ago

test

Jenni:  1276 days ago

You can all relax now. Ya Kim might not be the best person to idolize, but she has a point. The world is way too overpopulated, and its because these 12 year olds dont wear condoms. They arent struggling after they do the show. They get paid. So really get pregnant young, go on tv, and your set. Not too mention my tax money gives your dumb ass. i agree with Kim.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments