Victoria Gotti: Travolta Would Do "Fantastic Job" Playing My Dad

John Travolta has Victoria Gotti's stamp of approval to play her dad John in a biopic about the mafia kingpin, should he get the role, she exclusively tells TooFab.

0127_gotti_split
"If the role goes to Travolta, I strongly believe he will do a fantastic job," Victoria tells TooFab. "He has proved with past roles he is a gifted character actor. He thoroughly researches and prepares for each role--and it shows in performances."

As TMZ reported Wednesday, Travolta--who is in negotiations to play the role, but he hasn't signed the contract yet--met with Gotti's oldest son Junior, the movie's director Nick Cassavetes and executive producer Marc Fiore at an L.A. restaurant yesterday to discuss the project.

mary:  1365 days ago

This was an evil man. His daughter makes out like he was Robin Hood and he did no wrong.
I can not understant how anyone could admire the Gotti family. Thank goodness he died in jail.

GEORGIA :  1365 days ago

YEA WELL I'LL TAKE THE LIKES OF HIM AND HIS "FAMILY" ANY DAY TO THE SLUGS THAT ARE OUT THERE NOW. TELL ME THAT THE GANGS OF TODAY ARE NOT AS BAD OR EVEN WORSE....THEY KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN OR ANYONE THEY SEE FIT TO KILL.

AT LEAST THE "MOB" JOHN GOTTI AND THE LIKES DID NOT KILL CHILDREN OR WOMEN JUST MEN THAT DIDN'T TOW THE MARK..

MY KINDA GUY!

GEORGIA :  1365 days ago

MY KINDA GUY!

SL:  1365 days ago

If you read Victoria Gotti's book you will know that she does not make him out to be "Robin Hood who did no wrong" she is well aware of the down side of the life her father lived but preferred to look for good in the situation. Shame on you Mary for saying thank goodness he died in prison! We each make choices in life dependent on our own situations and as such we live with the consequences. Someone dying sick and alone in jail without proper care and without their family is sad no matter who that person is or what they may have done.....would you not do anything to protect your family, keep food on the table and a roof over their heads? I would!

Faye:  1365 days ago

SL:

You need to develop a greater sense of morality. John Gotti was a murderer. Laws are not arbitrary, dictated by the whims of ones’ own conscience or station in life. John deserved humane treatment not for who he was, but because society needs to be better than him for its own sake. On his own merits, a knife through the heart would have seemed rather apropos, but that would have been the ultimate poetic justice.

Zulleiry:  1365 days ago

Mary ok he wasnt an angel. But at the end of the day that was her father evil or bad or whatever they are you have to love them cause they're your family. Maybe she had no clue how he was like. To her it was probably normal life.

as:  1364 days ago

sl- you really think that was the only way to put food on the table and keep a roof over his familys head? come on get real

rebull:  1364 days ago

I am just hoping he is burning in hell and suffers there for eternity. No redemption for this sort of s***

cas:  1364 days ago

Realize he still has family out there that reads your comments and you should keep them to yourself. If you have nothing nice to say...

rebull:  1364 days ago

What I say is so nice..for the families of people, men, women, childs he has tortured, murdered. Even God do not have enough mercy for a hell dog like him.
I am sorry for his family. You dont choose your father but I am sure they can understand he deserves the worst and will pay now for eternity.

Faye:  1364 days ago

Cas:

Something nice to say? You can't be serious.

mike:  1364 days ago

He is where he belongs...........HELL

DC:  1363 days ago

Let me tell you something those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. For people commenting that John Gotti should rot in hell and that he deserved to die in jail. Really? Like his daughter Victoria acknowledged, he was no angel and I agree with that. Yet he also did a tremendous amount of good for his community. First and foremost he was a father and husband and if God can forgive him why do you think you are entitled to stand in judgement of him?

Ask yourself honestly is what Gotti or anyone in the mob did or doing any different than the greedy corporations in this country? If you honestly don't believe that whistle blowers, or those who have come upon information that would jeopardize a multi billion dollar corp have not been whacked to protect the interest of the company you are naive at best.

If you are so offended by what Gotti and the likes do, where is your outrage at these corporations? Better yet, what about the health care companies who decides who gets to live or die on any given day in this country? Example a 76 yr old needs a surgery/recovery that will cost about a half million...most likely will be denied the surgery thus will die leaving a family in grief but it keep the insurance companies bottom line in the red and profitable. Do you have no problem with that?

How about Wall Street if you don't think the way Wall Street is run is any different then the mob you are again, naive. There is no difference so I guess all of the Wall Street execs and those that worked to support the virtual collapse of the financial system should rot in hell as well.

I could give you comparisons all day and back up any of my examples with facts. I leave you one thought, its all about money, everyone wants it and regardless if your a major corporation, the average joe, or a mafia don people will do ANYTHING to get it, have it and keep it.

Tomaz:  1363 days ago

John Gotti is a criminal and deserves no respect. I dont envy him, I am not a fan.. Happy he died in Jail...

Robin Morton:  1362 days ago

I have been mistaken for Victoria Gotti most of my life. I would love to play her in the new upcoming movie!!! I have all her manerisms have 2 sons and also born in Queen's and raised in Long Island. I am so intersted in this role. Please keep me in mind. I have done acting in my past.

Regards,