MUSIC: Lady Gaga -- Madonna Loves 'Born This Way!'

0215_gagaSounds like all is well between Lady Gaga and Madonna.

Though critics have called Gaga's new song "Born This Way" a rip-off of Madge's 1989 hit "Express Yourself," Gaga says there is no ill will between the two pop superstars.

"There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me," Gaga told Jay Leno last night on "The Tonight Show," adding "I am the hugest fan personally and professionally."

She continues, "The good news is that I got an e-mail from her people, and her sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single, and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."

With that controversy swept aside, Gaga made another announcement during Leno's show -- saying she'll be filming her two concerts at Madison Square Garden later this month for a "Monster Ball" tour special on HBO.

The concert will air May 7, two weeks before her new album drops.

Hisjules:  1163 days ago

test

googoo4gaga:  1163 days ago

Madonna and Gaga -They do sorta look alike. As a musician and commercial songwriter though I will say that GAGA is by far the stronger artist. I do not think Gaga imitates anyone since she writes/arranges/produces and probably mixes her own work. She also plays classical piano. If comparisons are to be made, I would say Gaga is the Female Liberace only more flamboyant! Fellow musicians would probably agree. A lot of work goes into a pop song- to create it from the ground up takes real talent. Madonna- I love her songs but they are only performed by her similar to a studio singer.

Sg72:  1163 days ago

Whereas I'm happy Madonna sent her support for the song, after this controversy. She's heavily taken from Madonna in the video for Alejandro and now in song for Born This Way. Though yes... she probably wrote/ arranged/ produced/ and mixed a replica of Express Yourself all by her ownself!

Lola:  1163 days ago

Gayga has to quit ripping off her material from every other artist. Try doing something original instead of just mixing up everyone else's hard work and originality. Go back to your egg and stay there, let REAL artists come back into music.

Sg72:  1162 days ago

I'm sorry, but I have to correct googoo for saying Madonna "being similar to a studio singer". If you don't own her albums, then you wouldn't know she has co-writing (providing the lyrics half) and co-production credits to the vast majority of the music she has released in the past 30 years! Yes, Gaga has a stronger voice and is a musician, but there is something special about Madonna and her longevity.

tay :  1135 days ago

Gaga copies from many artists like Madonna,Kerli,Cher,Grace Jones, Gwen Stefani, Kelly Rowland, Morandi's Save Me is telephone-, Kylie Minogue,Michael Jackson-thriller for born this way,
Star Trek even--George Michael too funky video--for her paparazzi crippled look-She is very unoriginal--Paying homage is one thing--copying every artists image and work--Born This Way is Madonna's Express Yourself slightly altered, SNSD'S BE HAPPY, AND VOCALLY KELLY ROWLAND --WAY TOO MUCH COPYING-that isn't right--AND THEN SHE COMES ON TV ACTING VERY EGOTISTICAL AND BITCHY--GET REAL