EYE CANDY: 'Hawaii Five-0' Stud Goes Shirtless for GQ!

When you're filming on the beaches of Hawaii, you gotta have a good body -- and "Hawaii Five-0" star Alex O'Loughlin definitely delivers!

0308_alex_launch
Alex, who plays Steve McGarrett in the CBS reboot, shows some skin for the new issue of GQ Style Australia -- where he also talks about the pressure with taking on an iconic role.

“It’s really important that if you’re an artist involved in recreating something as iconic as this, that you find some way to step away from that," says O'Loughlin, adding "First of all, there’s a lot of fans of the old show and a lot of critics who are looking to get their teeth into us. And then there’s also a lot of fans and friends of Jack Lord — who played the original Steve McGarrett — and I’m an Australian. So I can’t think about any of that. All I can think about is doing my work, being true and honest within the character and trying to deliver on time.”

For more on the sexy star, including some behind-the-scenes video from his photo shoot, check out the GQ Style Australia website!

moso:  1138 days ago

OH HELL YEAH!!!! Thank God for GQ!!!
I love Alex and love the show.
He is doing a great Steve McGarrett and I look forward to watching the show every week! The whole cast is awesome.
NOW THAT'S EYE CANDY!!! :)

Hisjules:  1138 days ago

test

michelle:  1138 days ago

yummy!!!!!

really?:  1138 days ago

Oh my!...I think I need a towel

JC:  1138 days ago

Love the new Hawaii 5 O; and I am a die hard fan of the original series. Each week, we watch some "old Hawaii 5 O with jack Lord, and some "new 5 O" with Alex and crew!

pinkytoe:  1137 days ago

OH THANK U THANK U THANK U!!!! its a long time comin' more hot guys on tv, mags, etc............ we women r waitn n watchn and DAMN BUT Ur DOING GOOD.........

Calliejay:  1137 days ago

I plan my night TV watching around Hawaii Five 0 love that show, there is drama and a little comedy, always a good story line. The actors sure are not hard to look at. Please do not take this show off the air. It is one of the best show on Monday Nights.

Hisjules:  1137 days ago

test

bliss110:  1137 days ago

FINALY, someone got smart and gave this perfect man a show. Loved, loved, loved him on Moonlight. Now I wait for every Monday to see him and his great castmates! He could read the phone book and I would watch him.

amy:  1136 days ago

I can't agree more with post # 9. Finaly it looks like he's got a shoe that might stick it out for more than 2 seasons. I also LOVED Moonlight and hated it was canceled all too soon! Three Rivers wasn't too bad either. Let's hope this show last a while as he's the boom when it comes to making the roles come alive!! The eye candy doesn't hurt either.

fran:  1135 days ago

I love the show except for one thing...too much noise and music when the stars are talking and I miss half of whats being said...anyone know where I can write and ask them to tone down the noise, when the cast are talking.

charlotte mustain:  1133 days ago

he is so hot in those pictures. i think in need a cold showers after looking at him..............

dawn:  1130 days ago

Thank you #11! I even wrote to the show about that sound stuff. Told them it seems like they are trying to tell us how to feel ( with the music, esp.,) and we just need to "get it" for ourselves. And Alex has such a beautiful voice...
I did fix the problem quite a bit, by changing some sound settings in my TV's menu...you can play with that.

Conchs82:  1118 days ago

Alex you don't have to worry. You and the whole cast are doing a great job! I am a fan of the original and I love the new show.