AMERICAN IDOL: Casey Abrams Gets Saved by Judges!

Last night, for the first time in "American Idol" history, nobody went home during a results night.

0325_abrams_video
Presumed frontrunner Casey Abrams somehow landed at the bottom of the voting pool after his Motown performance of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" on Wednesday night.

Abrams, who has been admitted to the hospital twice this season, chose to sing "I Don't Need No Doctor" for his save song -- and had barely gotten 10 seconds out before he was cut off by the judges, who all told him he wasn't going anywhere.

Casey was shocked, hugged the judges and fell to his knees in front of Ryan Seacrest and then went and hugged his mother in the audience.

Casey will be back next week when the Top 11 sings songs from the 80s.

Nancy:  1285 days ago

I LOVED CASEY., AS AN AVID MUSIC LOVER WHO HAS CHILDREN OLDER THAN CASEY., MY HEART JUST SUNK WHEN HE WAS IN THE BOTTOM THREE..PEOPLE TRULY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO VOTE. HE IS AWESOME AND IS DEFINITELY GOING TO GO PLACES...WE LOVE YOU!!! YOUR VOICE IS GREAT

Paula Griffin:  1285 days ago

If he wants to make it to the end, he needs a makeover. Style his hair and trim his beard.

Britt Lessard:  1285 days ago

Hearing the socalled voting result my jaw fell below ground! Who are the insane morons who came up with this? For heaven's sake, Casey has TALENT oozing out of every fiber of his body. Finally, a multi-talented entertainer who makes it worth my while to turn on the boob-tube!!! The rest of the contestants are upper crust also!
It has been years since television has offered such engrossing entertainment. Hats off to the judges. They are all true pros.

Wyatt Kaldenerg:  1284 days ago

It's racist. What else could it be but race?

NCarol1946:  1284 days ago

Nothing upsets me more than someone saying that a really talented young man got saved because of his "race".....sounds as though Kalenberg is a racist himself. How in the world did this jerk come up with something like that???? It has nothing to do with his "race" but whether, everything to do with Adams' talent! He was phennomial!Not only did the judges think so but by the looks of the audience, (all colors) they felt he was worthy of a musical redemption because he received a standing ovation! Perhaps Kalenberg should take an attitude adjustment and watch that show again. The talent of that show was awesome and it speaks well of the judges andddd the audience!

Marsh:  1283 days ago

Casey was the first contestant up for this episode and I suspect this may have cost him some votes. I missed the first few minutes of the show and didn't see Casey perform thus he didn't get my vote. This season is really hard to pick a favorite because they are all very talented.