poll

Stars Respond to Pia Toscano's 'American Idol' Elimination

0408_pia_singleThe "American Idol" judges weren't the only ones shocked over front-runner Pia Toscano's elimination Thursday night.

The 22-year-old beauty found herself in the bottom three for the first time this season along with Jacob Lusk and Stefano Langone. Jacob was declared safe, and Stefano was visibly shocked when Ryan Seacrest announced that Pia received the lowest number of votes.

The studio audience booed, and the judges expressed anger over the elimination.

Hollywood's elite took to Twitter to express their outrage, with Twitter king Ashton Kutcher leading the charge: “Who are the people that vote on American idol? That’s just crazy! That Pia girl is dope! #almostcriminal.”

Tom Hanks was also shocked. "Don't have an IDOL habit, but how could the USA vote Pia off? I may be done for the season!" His wife Rita Wilson agreed, tweeting, "Was Pia punked ? How did she get voted off of American Idol? That is not OKAY!"

Former "Idol" personalities weighed in as well. “I can not believe they just eliminated Pia! Really?” tweeted Season 3 contestant Jennifer Hudson. "Are you watching Idol? I am shocked and sad," echoed former judge Ellen DeGeneres.

Meanwhile, other stars lent their support to the ousted "Idol."

Jessica Alba wrote, "Who's mad about Pia? I think she's got a promising career ahead of her. Girl can sing her butt off and she's stunning."

Alyssa Milano agreed, "Keep your head up, beauty girl. You're an awesome talent."

Cheryl Burke weighed in, "Pia is so talented and beautiful! Wish her the best. I'm sure her career will be full of success!"

As for Pia herself, she remained humble and thankful. "I'm truly going to miss my idol family! Thank you @JLo Randy and Steven for believing in me. Love you and love my fans!"

Tell us how you feel about Pia's elimination in the comments below.

christine:  1327 days ago

I cant watch american idol any more. there is more talent there but voting pia off turned my stomach. the judges should vote because they know who is talanted.

George Foryan:  1327 days ago

Pia is star material! Her talent and beauty surpasses many that are already stars. Even though she was cast off of "Idol" I want to see her again, and as a full-fledged star. I would pay more to see her than either Brittany Spears or Lady Gaga. At least she looks beautiful, modest and decent which is needed more in our entertainment world today.

Randy:  1327 days ago

This is the judges fault. They don't offer any separation of the contestants. Even if they offer some criticism they finish by saying the contestant is the greatest and deserves to be here.

The judges need to be more honest in their evaluation and communicate some kind of ranking of the contestants

ADRIENNE:  1327 days ago

They should only allow people to vote once. The judges should have never used the safe so early. Pia is gone and so is American Idol for me I will definitely not watch the show anymore!

Mark Silvia:  1327 days ago

There had to be an error somewhere. Had to be!..
Pia has such a great voice and she is such a beautiful person inside and out. How could America have got this so wrong?.. But her career is already taking off. She is my American Idol in my eyes.
As for the rest of the contestants I hope to God Haley gets voted off next because she's been kinda smug from the very beginning and I didn't like the smile on her face last night right after Ryan's announcement when the camera cut to the rest of the contestants. I hope she regrets that smile next week. But I won't know because that's it for me. I'm not going to watch this fail show anymore. Good Luck Pia...I love the way you made me feel when you sang. You're beautiful. So beautiful.

linda:  1327 days ago

I feel the save from the judges was used to soon. Pia you are a star and from just being on idol the world can see that. You singing career will go far. Keep you head up and before your know it you will be front and center on your own stage. Keep singing like you do and never miss a note with that beautiful voice God gave you. Be watching for your first concert.

annar haze:  1327 days ago

I looked forward to watching idol each week. But with Pia gone my stomach just can't take any more. She was the best ever. Equal to Carrie at that stage of her career. She is the only one I'd pay to go see.

Rick Carke:  1327 days ago

Pia is a class act, great voice: tone, pitch, clarity...She was the reason I watched the show this year.
What a disappointment.

WTH:  1327 days ago

Pia was the best singer ever on idol, hope haley gets eliminated next, also saw her smiling from ear to ear when Pia was eliminated. For me, I am done watching idol because of this and the judges do not tell it like it is, they praise everybody which of a bunch of bullsh*t.

emily:  1327 days ago

Pia was boring. She was extremely talented, but to me it sounded like the same song every week. It's America that didn't vote for her, so obviously she wasn't everyone's favorite. It's not that big of a deal. She'll get a record deal, she'll be famous and everyone who seems to love her can go buy her cd.

Charlotte:  1327 days ago

How do we really know that Pia was voted off by the voters, we never get to see the final count or who was really the lowest vote getter or their name. I am done with AI, no more I think it is rigged.

chris:  1327 days ago

Pia may be all that but she's not all that and a bag of chips too. Great to look at but other than that she was boring. Anyway if you saw the after show clips she was starting to get a little full of herself and you will probably never see a New Yorker win simple because they are new Yorkers and fell they are far above the rest. You would think that after all these seasons they would come down off them high horses they are sitting on and realize who and what they really are and since you all seem to have such good imaginations I will leave it at that.

gigi:  1327 days ago

I feel that the people voting are all young girls. What teenage boy would watch and vote? The girls swoon over the guys and eliminate the girls. Why doesn't anybody see this? There are only 2 girls left and 6 guys!!!!

Connie:  1327 days ago

Sometimes I think people don't vote for the best one because they think many others are already and they vote for ones they want to stay on a while longer. Make sense ? But for someone as talented as Pia to go so soon is just wrong. Maybe it would be better if the judges voted as well like on Dancing with the stars. I ahve a feeling Pia will go far despite being voted off.

Judy:  1327 days ago

I guess the 12 million guys in 12 million bars drinking 12 million beers didn't vote. I did love her voice and thought she was great. I think the judges have a lot to do with the way people vote or don't vote.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments