Haley Reinhart Gets Standing Ovation on 'American Idol'

Haley Reinhart may be the one to beat on "American Idol" after last night's killer performance of "House of the Rising Sun."

0505_haley_video
While the judges weren't huge fans of her first performance to unreleased Lady Gaga song "You and I," they all gave her a standing ovation for her version of The Aminals' classic -- with Randy Jackson telling her it was the "best performance of the night."

Also in the running, based on the judges' reactions last night, are Scotty McCreery -- who got rave reviews for his performances of Montgomery Gentry's "Gone" and Elvis' "Always On My Mind" -- and James Durbin -- who covered 30 Seconds to Mars' "Closer to the Edge" and did a tearful Harry Nilsson's "Without You."

Lauren Alaina did well with Carrie Underwood's "Flat on the Floor" and Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody" while Jacob Lusk fell flat with his bizarre rendition of Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown's duet "No Air" and barely redeemed himself with Nazareth's "Love Hurts."

Who do you think should be going home tonight? Sound off below!

Caroline:  1301 days ago

Haley was awesome last night. The best! I have to say that I strongly disagree with JLo's and Randy's verdict on Haley's first song last night. She always seems to get much harsher comments from the judges - I sense favortism BIG time in this competition.

chicagannie:  1299 days ago

Haley sucks. Fakey plastic smile, grunts like a warthog when she sings - she sounds constipated and when she hits a high note, I expect the pooper scooper to have to come out and clean up the stage. Can't stand ya, Haley.

lynda:  1294 days ago

Randy and j-lo are hypocrits when it comes to Haley. On the same night that Haley sings a GREAT song that we've never heard, others did too but Haley gets heat for it. When Haley picks a song that inspires her but it isn't popular, they are hateful to her but not to the others who sang songs even MORE unknown. Haley is GREAT and doesn't deserve what the judges are doing to her - just messing with her mind and causing unfair drama for Haley.

Rashwan:  1294 days ago

I agree 100% with Lynda, Randy and J-Lo are hypocrits when it comes to Haley. They should be more proffesional and give positive comments like Steven. Their Criticisms are stupid and in now way it will improve performance.

Denis Warren:  1294 days ago

Haley is in it to win! Apparently Randy and J Lo don't want her there. Go with the audience. Go NUTS for Haley! She deserves it!

rayellyn:  1294 days ago

HALEY YOU SUCK........AND SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME WEEKS AGO....

CuriousKaty:  1294 days ago

I became a fan of Haley's when on about the third elimination show, she was in the bottom three, and clearly in peril. A camera cut to her and she had the resigned, but bright, almost beatific smile. And singing is just luminous -- her 'Rising Sun' is still one of my favorite moments. And last, her second song -- I've forgotten the name, but the them "I love you!" -- was just stunning.

I think she has an excellent shot at becoming the next 'American Idol'.

CuriousKaty:  1294 days ago

[People here sure say mean things.....]

Jesse:  1293 days ago

I have watched almost every season of idol and I have to say Haley is the worst I have ever seen. When she sings my dogs start to howl shes so bad. I can't believe she is still on the show. She is gonna be another no talent woman who sucks her way to record deals.

Flo.:  1293 days ago

Haley great singer , but should have gom
ne weeks ago.
Loved James but he should have sung straight songs, had to turn T.V down when he screams, not all fans are young , he still will have agreat career!
Luv ya all !!Flo.

the babe:  1293 days ago

I think Hayley has the smarts and toughness to win. I think her "I love you" was one of her best, and "rising sun" has never been done better. She, I hope will win this.

Larssen:  1293 days ago

Why is no one saying anything when Haley seems to laugh when the two people who have WAY more talent than her are gone? Pia and now James "Who were the only good singers on the whole show" Now you have a show with what has to be the worst 3 in the history of it's existence. James has been the most consistant one. Just because of his emotions of yesterday you vote him off? I am done with Idol. You have a washed up horny old judge in Steven Tyler who goes on how hot Haley is. You have Jennifer Lopez who makes it no secret that she wants a girl to win and you have Randy who is as redundant as hell. And then you have fans who are brainwashed, American Idol is dead.

Livvy:  1292 days ago

Haley to win, Sexy,Soulful,emotionally charged song rendition. "House of the Rising Sun", unbelievable then And I love You, of the 3 left left she stands out, if she doesn't win, I wont be watching again

alismimi:  1292 days ago

I think they got it all wrong this week (ending in Friday the 13th). James has been mostly consistent, but getting better. After he performed this week the judges said he was in it to win it. Haley should've gone home. Her screaming does nothing for the songs and makes my head hurt. Lauren did a great job this week as did Scotty. The only one that got negative remarks from the judges was Haley and that should've carried over til Thursday. I truly hope that Lauren and Scotty leave Haley in the dust this next week. There might have been a place for her music years ago, but not anymore. I hope James gets a record deal even though America screwed up.

yvonne stroud:  1291 days ago

Haley should have gone home last week. James should have stayed for one mor week. Scotty is the best and even if for some reason he does not win--he will still get offers to make music his career--He is THAT good!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments