Shocking 'Idol' Elimination: The Fourth-Place Curse Continues

0512_jason_singleThe "American Idol" fourth-place curse continues.

James Durbin, the rocker born with Tourette's and Asperger's syndromes, was shockingly eliminated from the singing competition. Durbin had never been in the bottom two before Thursday night, and was one of the favorites to win.

He exited "American Idol" in fourth place, the same place as previous favorites Tamyra Gray (Season 1), LaToya London (Season 3), and Chris Daughtry (Season 5).

At the end of Wednesday night's broadcast, host Ryan Seacrest reminded viewers the importance of voting for their favorites, and cited Daughtry's departure as the reason why. Daughtry would later become one of the most commercially successful "Idol" contestants.

Judge Jennifer Lopez was upset by Durbin's elimination and cried after the results were read.

The final three are Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, and Scotty McCreery.

Did James deserve to go? Tell us in the comments below.

Linda:  1238 days ago

Haley moves on?!?!?! Are you kidding me???? Can anyone say....R-E-C-O-U-N-T????!?

AD:  1238 days ago

I find it really hard to believe. Haley behaves like a total snot and is not even consistant. She has talent but nowhere near James.

Maddieboots:  1238 days ago

America would rather vote for a growling woman and a Josh Turner sound-alike that looks like the dude from the cover of MAD magazine?

James was TRUE TALENT--he didn't suck up to the judges, they never stood for him--he did his own thing and stayed true to himself--you knew what you were getting with James.

I am so DONE with IDOL!

Lori:  1238 days ago

R U kidding me America? Haley? She's the worst! James' rocked it. He will have a long career.

Katy:  1238 days ago

He absolutely did not deserve to go! He should've won the whole show - great voice and amazing performer. ANY of the other three should have gone tonight.

elle:  1238 days ago

no no no no....he should have won! he has been the best from the first audition. He will follow the steps of Doughtry and be a huge success......thank you James for all the great performances. it was a pleasure watching you.....congratulations!

New Orleans Viewer:  1238 days ago

James should have been in top 3. I would demand a re-count. Haley should NOT be in the top 3. Haley is a brat and appears to be difficult to work with. As long as you agree with what she does she is happy. That's it for me, I will NOT be watching American Idol again & I will Never buy anything haley sings. this was so wrong in all ways.

Maddieboots:  1238 days ago

Michelle--I hope all of your children are born defective like you--then some total azzclown such as yourself can ridcule them for being less than perfect!

He has Tourettes and Aspergers, buttglove. Educate your first grade mind and I will pray that you get explosive diarrhea!

Jason:  1238 days ago

Michelle, you are a total idiot. First of all, you forgot the word is in your stupid statement. You inbred, meth smoking idiots probably all voted at Kinkos for no talent losers like Scottie, and Haleys meth addict looking ass. I hope you get hit by a bus, and you end up like Stephen Hawking.

Durbin had talent in the rock area unheard of since Axl Rose in his prime, you inbred bitch.

New Orleans Viewer:  1238 days ago

Haley showed us the diva she is trying to be. this girl can not take any corrections. She is NOT star material. She will be eaten up by negative comments and attitudes as a star. Everyone will Not like you in show business and she feels she should be worshiped. Haley in the top 3??? I would demand a re-count and this was the last time i will ever watch american idol. That's it for me. James should have been in the top 3 i just can not phathom haley getting more votes.

Datch:  1238 days ago

In response to post #8... I am shocked that you would speak of another human being in such a horribly cruel manner! Your words are the very reason we now have laws to protect those with disabillities. You have no idea how much your comments reveal your own insecurities and limited intellect. Shame on you!

w fraser:  1238 days ago

I stopped watching Idol once the idiots voted off Pia Toscano.

Mike:  1238 days ago

I can't believe that combative little bitch Haley is still on. She is THE LEAST talented of the 3 left and I PRAY her snotty little self important ass,gets thrown off next week. It will bring me SUCH JOY, to see her in tears, as she is told by her parents how GREAT she is, as they have obviously done, her whole life. James, be thankful you didn't win. You are going to be as big as Daughtry, bro!! You were CONSISTENTLY GREAT!! And YES, the people with good taste in music, WILL give metal a chance when you release your first record. You rock, dude!!!

Roger Chartrand:  1238 days ago

You mean boring Scotty move on??? DUH Americans are quite the boring and conservative crowd... Simon Cowell we need you back on American Idol! You were always the best judges, right or wrong...

New Orleans Viewer:  1238 days ago

Michelle are you for real.
Anyone who makes the statement you did is totally uninformed and just plain stupid. For James to do what he did with Tourettes and Aspergers is awesome!!! James will continue and be a success. You on the other hand need to learn how to be a human being. Words can not express how silly your response is. God save us from narrow minded, uninformed people like you.
I now believe American Idol is fixed and there is something wrong with their counting system. Haley should be sent home.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments