Lady Gaga Gives James Durbin a Dance Lesson 'American Idol'

Lady Gaga was the celebrity mentor last night on "American Idol" -- and she used her time with rocker James Durbin to show him how to really shake those hips.

0512_gaga_video
Durbin tackled "Love Potion #9" for his Leiber & Stoller selection, but Gaga wasn't feeling his performance in rehearsals -- so she stood up, told him he needed to loosen up a bit and started literally moving his hips for him.

He didn't really take Gaga's advice when it came time for his live performance, but the judges still ate it up -- with Randy Jackson telling him "You're having a moment every single week."

Check out his performance above -- do you think James is the one to beat for the crown this season?

skipabeat:  1077 days ago

I did not know those shoes were that on the heals, OH MY GOSH L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. she is so FREAKIN FUNNY!!!! I L.O.V.E. HER BEYOND WORDS!!!! L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. L.O.L. OH MY GOSH L.O.L.!!!! I cracking up!!!! L.O.L.

Love to all

skip

Woot:  1077 days ago

Omg... please don't touch Durbin. He obviously knows what's best for him - and you for you. He doesn't need to *beg* to be sexy.

He just IS.

auntie mushe:  1077 days ago

to let james go tonight was sad. idol has so gone down hill. What 3 loosers are left

libbybit:  1077 days ago

Lady GaGa is actually Lady Gag me with a spoon!! Dirtbag!!!!!

Joan:  1077 days ago

What is up with American Idol? I will not watch again this season. James was clearly the best performer. What Happened? There was no question about it. Week after week after week he never ever let us down. He out sang and completly out performed the other contestants. His talent far exceeded all of the others. How did this happen? Something does not seem right here. How sad. I have no doubt though that a label will snatch him right up.

PEARLE:  1077 days ago

JAMES SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT ALL HOME. HALEY IS NOT ALL THAT A DIME A DOZEN IN THE REAL WORLD. SO MUCH TALENT GONE, PIA, JACOB, STEPHENO, CASEY AND WE LEAVE HALEY. OK, YOU GO BUY HER CD'S....... NOT

Carol:  1075 days ago

James was clearly the front runner who deserved to be one of the finalists. He should not have been voted off. I as well as everyone else can't understand it. I have been looking for the actual results "how america voted" and have not seen them yet. What's up? I am done watching idol this season. What a disappointment!

Martha Chaney:  1071 days ago

I was so dissapointed that James was let go. This is a guy who knows how to entertain, did his own choreography like the piano on fire. He always had us waiting to see what he was going to do next.Everyone should only vote once. I dont understand how this system works and how come it doesn't show how many votes each one got.Well, James is a star already and will make it bigger than ever. The judges this year were the best ever! They really tried to help this contestants do better.