Photo: Mariah Carey's Tacky 'Push Present'

Mariah Carey's style has always leaned more towards tacky than tasteful.

The 41-year-old pop star gave birth to twins Moroccan and Monroe on April 30th, and husband Nick Cannon gave her a Mother's Day present she won't soon forget -- a $12,000 necklace featuring the babies names.

media_removed_toofab 102011

The bauble was a custom creation from jeweler Jason Arasheben of Jason of Beverly Hills, who also created her infamous diamond ring pop. It's made of white and rose gold and contains both diamonds and pink sapphires.

"Nick was really excited about the babies’ names and wanted to do a piece with them for Mariah’s first Mother’s Day,'" Arasheben told People magazine.

On "Piers Morgan Tonight," Cannon revealed more details from the pregnancy and birth and confirmed reports that Child Protective Services were called to the hospital.

"It all started where a nurse suggested to my wife that if you drink Guinness or a small amount of Guinness, the dark beer, that the yeast improves breastfeeding," Cannon said. "Then [anonymous callers] were saying that my wife was drinking beer and all that stuff. It’s like people would do anything to conjure up a story."

Cannon clarified the situation with Child Protective Services and the issue was quickly settled.

The new dad also revealed that the twins were born to much fanfare. "My wife wanted to make sure that when the babies came out, that they came out not only to a Mariah Carey song, but a live performance from Mariah Carey -- her Madison Square performance of 'Fantasy' -- so they came out to a round of applause," Cannon said on "The Gayle King Show." Carey was chauffeured to the hospital via Rolls Royce, of course.

Talk about over the top!

Carey wasn't the only new mom showered with a lavish "push present." Rachel Zoe's husband Rodger Berman gave his wife a 10-carat Neil Lane diamond ring after she gave birth to their son, Skyler, in late March.

media_removed_toofab 102011

Would you expect to get a "push present" after giving birth? Tell us in the comment below.

ZB:  1208 days ago

I think its a kind and thoughtful first mothers day gift. They both seem over the moon with each other and their 2 new sweethearts. I wish them nothing but the best.

lola:  1208 days ago

Yup, and i got a push present :-) 2ct diamond earrings.

Lori:  1208 days ago

Mariah's present is tacky and way too excessive for today's economy. Couldn't he have found something TASTEFUL? Oh well... their money.

CC:  1208 days ago

I had never heard of a push present before until my husband declared that my Coach diaper bag was my "push present" can't say that I'd complain! :)

Old School Mom:  1207 days ago

I think "push presents" is the silliest thing I've ever heard of and it belittles the beauty of birth. Women are so ridiculous and spoiled. People are starving all over the world and pushing out babies without the benefit of medical care....get over yourselves. No wonder the world hates us.

Tracy:  1207 days ago

Push Present?? She didn't even push!! It should be called a "you got in the chauffered limo and your babies were removed surgically" present!!she didn't even break a sweat!

Donna :  1206 days ago

When my kids were born 24 and 21 years ago, push presents were quite a necessity. They were called STROLLERS!!!

Shirley T:  1203 days ago

I think the best "push present" is a healthy baby

ThomKat:  1203 days ago

I love the concept of the necklace with the babies names on it for a first mother's day present. I don't see anything wrong with it. Nothing news worthy but still.

Dan MacTiernan:  1203 days ago

First of all, Mariah Carey + push present = tacky is like basic arithmetic. It's a simple equation folks.

But more importantly, check out http://www.needapushpresent.com for the best push present ideas, reviews, deals and of course, celebrity push news.

Latest post: Not everyone is throwing down $73K for push present (ahem, Keith Urban) so the rest of us should look at Personalization Mall for great, personalized jewelry for under $100. http://bitly.com/iu4UFv

Ashlie:  1195 days ago

Tracy, I'm a Mariah fan, but honestly, I totally agree!! Really, why give her a push present when she didn't "push" the twins out! More like, she took the easy way out and had them via cesarean. I mean, what does her husband not understand about the word "Push" present?? Kids...figures! Celebrities are not really the "smartest" people in the world...who would drink a Guiness because a Nurse told them too (I don't care how much they said it helps to lactate). These celebrities are so hard up of attention that they'd do anything to stir up controversy. They know they're under heavy duty scruitany because of who they are, so why do stupid things?

Emily:  1195 days ago

i pushed my baby out naturally, with no drugs or assistance. had to fight for every natural second of it (damn nurses) and i didn't get squat. maybe they should hang on to those push presents until she actually pushes.

Laura:  1195 days ago

In reply to Ashlie and Tracy re: the fact she didn't actually push the babies out and "took the easy way out" and "didn't even break a sweat" by having a c-section...you ladies obviously have NEVER had a caesarean with comments like that. I've had two children, one naturally, and one by c-section and WITHOUT A DOUBT having a c-section was a million times harder of a birth and recovery than a vaginal birth. Sure you may break a sweat by pushing out a child, but you are not having multiple layers of your skin, fat, abdominal muscles and uterus cut through and later sewn up, unable to walk or even sit up without assistance for a week, and in intense pain for a month. Often there are medical reasons for having a c-section, especially with twins. Having "been there done that" I'd feel I deserved a present after having a major surgery verus natural birth any day!!!

Alch:  1194 days ago

She is his wife and it is his perogative to give her whatever gift he chooses. I have seen the necklace with one name, never with two. Actually, I think it is a worthy gift, She can wear one necklace with her two kids names. I have two kids and push presents were not "trending" then. But let the husbands spend their money as they wish. I am tired of people criticizing others' decisions on their purchases...it's THEIR $$$!!!!!

Regarding her drinking the Guinness, I have never heard of it and it is unfortunate a medical practitioner would give her such information. As much as we could say that she should have known better, my experience is that a high percentage of first time moms have no clue. If she did not have experience with kids, she is learning as she goes.

lynne:  1193 days ago

We complain about dead beat dads, lets not complain about a father giving the mother of his child a push present! Sounds like a winner to me.