'Law & Order: SVU' Finds Two New Cops

When "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni departed the show over rumored contract disputes, and fellow lead Mariska Hargitay announced she was taking a reduced role, many fans feared it would be the end for the long-running cop drama.

However, the heads over at NBC have found two new stars, announced today. An no, Jennifer Love Hewitt is not one of them. Fortunately, both actors have experience playing police officers. The new female role will go to Kelli Giddish, who played the lead in the short-lived NBC series "Chase." Danny Pino will play the new male role. Pino starred for seven seasons on "Cold Case."

0628_svu_launch
“Kelli and Danny are two great actors who will join a proven cast headed by Mariska Hargitay as this exceptional series heads into a very promising 13th season,” NBC Entertainment Chief Bob Greenblatt said.

Added franchise executive producer/creator Dick Wolf: “I’m very pleased that we have two amazing actors joining the cast. I know this combination will give us the opportunity to explore the world of SVU with new eyes.”

Series veterans Ice-T and Richard Belzer will reprise their roles. With "Law & Order: Los Angeles," getting canceled last season, "SVU" will be the sole "Law & Order" franchise on NBC. The original series wrapped in 2010 after 20 seasons and numerous cast changes.

Are you excited about the new cast members? Sound off in the comments below.

OrganicGrl:  1123 days ago

I really loved Meloni and Hargitay was my favorite on this show. I don't see how I can watch this again. Their chemistry made this show..It was great while it lasted..

elle:  1123 days ago

good choice....I love kellie Giddish in Chase and glad Mariska will still be there.....Danny Pino too from cold case....great!

joeygirl45:  1123 days ago

Although I love Meloni and Hargity, I am willing to give these two a hot. I don't know who she is but I love Danny Pino from Cold Case. He was one of my favs. I'm sure they will both be great. I think SVU needed a little shake up. I'm really glad Mariska is staying...I love her.

vickie:  1123 days ago

LOVE them both!!!! Great choice!!!!

Mary:  1123 days ago

I know sometimes change is good, but in this case it is not. Meloni and Hargitay made that show a success. It's not going to be the same without them. I know I probably won'*****ch like I use to.

Mike H:  1123 days ago

Have watched this show for years with the same two cast members in the lead roles....I wont be watching the new show....end of an era forme...just like when NYPD blue team changed..for the worst.

ck09:  1123 days ago

i really love them on this show. idk if it will be the same with two new actors!! this just kinda sucks!

Steph:  1123 days ago

That's ridiculous! The show will NEVER be the same! I will really miss this duo...

Angela Hines:  1123 days ago

SUV will not be the same without them.. I watch the re-runs all of the time on DISH NETWORK every weekend.. I dont think I will be watching it anymore.. its real sad... Loved the show

sillygirl:  1123 days ago

So disapointed, I love this show. I can watch re-runs all the time. The show will not be the same, Meloni and Hargitay are such great actors and have great chemistry. I dont think i will be watching it with these two new characters.

Val:  1123 days ago

Love Danny Pino! Will be watching SVU again because of him!

als:  1123 days ago

i don't know how i can keep watching the show without Stabler- for me he MADE the show

tori:  1123 days ago

He's hot, she's not!!!!

mike:  1123 days ago

The show, any show can never be the same without your 2 leading persons . I know I wouldn'*****ch it . SVU Meloni and Hargitay were the only reason why I did watch the show ... Everything comes to an end one day and including this as well ...

I:  1123 days ago

It was my fav show and it won't be the same without Olivia and Elliot. Not sure I'll tune in now. NBC keep it the same!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments