How Hayden Panettiere Made Emma Stone Hit 'Rock Bottom'

Emma Stone says she hit "rock bottom" in her career in 2006 -- and it's all Hayden Panettiere's fault.

The sometimes-blonde actress shows off her bikini body in the new issue of Vanity Fair, where she opens up about dropping out of high school and one self-esteem crushing audition.

0628_stone

“I did Superbad [her breakout role in 2007] in what would’ve been my senior year,” she says. “I was playing a senior, and had I graduated I would’ve missed that opportunity, and had I missed that opportunity I wouldn’t be here right now.”

As for her lowest moment in Hollywood, Stone says it was her audition for cheerleader Claire Bennett in NBC's "Heroes."

“I could hear that, in the other room, a girl had just gone in and they were saying, ‘You are our pick … On a scale of 1 to 10 you’re an 11,’” Stone says. That girl was Hayden Panettiere.

“I went home and just had this meltdown,” she says, calling the experience “rock bottom.”

Emma's doing pretty good these days though -- starring in upcoming flicks "The Amazing Spider-Man," "The Help" and "Crazy Stupid Love."

Check out a video of her Vanity Fair shoot below:

WaxOnWhacksOff:  1163 days ago

Emma is gorgeous! I do prefer her as a redhead though. Forget Hayden sweetie. YOU are 100 times better looking AND a 1000 times better at acting!

Raf Solo:  1163 days ago

Emma gorgeous? better looking than Hayden? are you a man or woman Waxon? Emma is hideous and she has never looked good in any of the movies, her mouth area is ridiculously ugly. Hayden is naturally beautiful, sure her body is a bit werid but at least she has good skin tone. Emma's skin tone is pale, blotchy, and overall seems to have bad skin

Heidi Lamonica:  1163 days ago

Definitely stands out as a redhead. Don't lose that fire.

Ruby:  1163 days ago

Ever heard of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" Raf? Emma is lovely to me, and Hayden looks like an Oompa Loompa/supermodel love child.

Jus:  1163 days ago

I love Emma Stone. She's a funny and great actress. I also love her as a redhead as well. Let's just say, I'd be willing to see a moving starring Emma Stone, than a movie starring Hayden Panettiere's anytime. Just preference.

Hehe:  1162 days ago

lol I think it's funny that people are getting mad at Hayden Panettiere for being a better actress than Emma Stone

Chris Kevin:  1161 days ago

Some of you commentors are being ridiculous. Emma Stone sweetheart What right do you have to get jealous, and hate on Hayden Panettiere for getting the role of Claire Bennett-Petrelli on Tim Kring's "Heroes". Everything that Hayden has participated in his God's blessings and grace on her having the opportunity to work with great stars, directors, writers, and producers. Emma Stone you are blessed to have starred, in "House Bunny", "Superbad" and next year you will be in "The Amazing Spiderman" with Andrew Garfield.

muahaha:  1149 days ago