'Bachelor' Brad Womack & Emily Maynard Confirm Split

Brad Womack and Emily Maynard have finally confirmed one of the world's worst secrets: They've split up.

"We are no longer engaged," Maynard confirms to PEOPLE, adding "This was my worst nightmare. I thought there was no way Brad and I wouldn't work out."

media_removed_toofab 102011
The former couple tells the mag things started to fall apart as soon as the show started airing -- as they were forced to stay apart from each other until the finale.

"It was torturous," says Womack, "Not being able to be there physically to reassure Emily was the biggest test I've ever been through."

Brad continues, "The demise of our relationship was completely my fault. I gave Em every reason under the sun to get out much sooner than she did."

As for when the final split happened, Emily only says "not too long ago," adding that she gave her engagement back to "Bachelor" producers.

The two were last seen together in late April 2011 (above).

Hopefully Ashley Hebert will have better luck with her guy this season!

TheHOLETruth:  1213 days ago

Brad is hot, but unavailable emotionally. I'd hang out with him-but I wouldn't expect anything, except a good time[maybe]

CB:  1213 days ago

I think he made a bad choice picking her period. Shes the 1 with the emotional issues. He seemed way more into her than she was him. Should have chosen girl number 2. Now she was really into him.

juli hoover:  1213 days ago

These guys always pick the petite blondes with the little feminine voices and hot bodies that LOOK good but that's about it. These women are usually very shallow and have tons of physical and mental issues. Pick a normal looking woman with a little meat on her bones and maybe not so stereotypical and you may have a connection.. That superficial attraction wears off and what do you have left? Happens all the time.

nythia:  1213 days ago

I have o agree with the post before mine. I watch these shows all the time, and I also see how men pick the women they date. It is always the blond, skinny chick. I tell me all the time it you take away the looks, and sex what do you have...nothing. Men sports figures, actors, etc always seem to by pass womnen who has just a little meat on hteir bones. America needs to grow up and stop with the bull****. So shallow.

nythia:  1213 days ago

At least you blonde, skinny, white chicks get an opportunity to be with any many who wants you, but black women don't get that lucky no matter how good she looks. In society you almost have to look, and sound dumb to date a man. I have had been tell me that I was to smart to date. I told them I will not lower my self to make you feel better about yourself.

Jeff:  1212 days ago

Trust me you are dumber than you think

T.:  1212 days ago

You know, I agree with you guys that Emily was the one with emotional issues. It's a shame that Brad finally let himself open up and this is what happened. Shantel was not for him either. She was a bit on the wreckless side, and way too emotional for him. He needs stability and a woman who can be an asset to him with his business, etc. She wanted to just run around and have a good time. Emily is the stupid one for not allowing him in. And, yes, SHE will be alone with her daughter and no man for a very long time...good sabotaging "Em"! Stupid blonde chick!

joe bodego:  1212 days ago

This is all fake, no one leved each other ever. I can;t believe people fall for this trash. How about Asian, African American, Indian, Hispanic women? Why aren't they seen here. I am sick of this mono culture that consistantly show only white women as symbols of beauty, Yet they hob around the workd going to non-white destinations in order to show just exotic the rest of the world is, yet when it comes down to the the end of the day, it's a bunch of white mentaly challenged people doing what they do best "Hating"

CanadianGirl:  1212 days ago

Why do you have to make everything a black/white issue? Its not about that at all! There have been black women on these shows as well. Stop playing the victim and thinking that everyone is against you because you are black. Its not true, especially nowadays. White girls cant help the colour they are just like black women cant control what colour they are either. Its not always about race. It seems like (mainly) black women are the only ones that think it is and that seems to be all they talk about. Why can't people see beyond colour? I dont understand. i am a white, blonde woman and have just as many problems as any black, chinese, spanish, purple person out there. So cut it out, ITS NOT ABOUT RACE!

Jeanette Campbell:  1212 days ago

I think, Consciously or unconsciously,Brad picked Emily BECAUSE she was unavailable emotionally. He is too, but NOT as much as she...

CanadianGirl:  1212 days ago

I personally cant stand Brad. He was the most boring annoying bachelor so far! Well, except for Jake, couldnt stand him either!lol
I agree that Emily was never as into Brad as he was into her. She could do so much better than him, but I also agree that she does have issues as well!

Anna:  1212 days ago

Unfortunetly Brad picked the wrong one!! Emily is so emotionally unstable, she's still in love with her past. I was shocked with his choice :(

Manuela Kay:  1212 days ago

Poor Brad! I knew all along he'd made the wrong choice. Emilie needs to be single for a couple of more years. She's not emotionally ready to committ to anyone. Brad, I'm available. Are you into Black girls? ;)

Karla:  1212 days ago

Brad=s: Controlling,back stabbing and heartless.
Emily=s:Insecure,fragile,and may I add fake...
Not a race issue,not a "hot blonde" issue.
Its was a show that features a handsome guy, or not and many super needy women that think its a good idea to find love on a TV show. It was entertaining enough and now its over. Case and point...

GC:  1212 days ago

For comment #5, how can you be told you are to smart to date when you can not even compose a paragraph without multiple grammer errors. Maybe you are street smart & that's about it.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments