Bow Wow Comes Clean -- I'm a Daddy!

0706_bowwow_singleBow Wow came forward with a surprising announcement today -- he's the father of a baby girl!

While rumors have been raging online for a while now, the 24-year-old rapper/actor never confirmed reports ... until today.

In a post on his official website, Bow Wow writes, in his own words:

"I felt as if i had no purpose to live(Thinking selfishly) until god gave me the illest gift of my life. No lambo, no blk card nuffn ammounts to my lil girl. I waited so long to tell yall the truth because i was nervous on how yall would look at me. Yall know everyone makes a big deal out of everything i do. I wanted to be 1st n let yall know the real. My lil girl is getting BIG fast. i love every minute of it. She inspires me to go harder.Even made me treat my mother better, its like it made me into a man over night."

He continues, "Never been a fan of posting pix of my daughter. Reason is because i want my boo boo to have everything i didnt. Want her to be able to cheerlead with her lil friends with out some asshole sticking his camera all in my lil girl face. I know how fame is. I missed out on so much that i now know how important it is to cherish and have those things in your life. Yes! I change diapers. Aint as bad as i thought hahaha. I want her to live with me so bad. Jus us 2. Thats my dream man but fellas yall know how it go. Baby gotta stay with they momma and all dat bull. I hate that! So i have to fly 5 hrs away to see her."

Bow Wow also released a trailer for a new documentary about his life, called "Who Is Shad Moss" -- which includes a brief shot of him holding a baby, presumably his daughter.

0706_bowwow

Congratulations!

Just Me:  1022 days ago

Isn't this the same guy that always talks about how he never has sex without a condom?

Meems:  1022 days ago

Last I checked the only thing 100% effective is abstinence so maybe he doesn't.

Shirley T:  1022 days ago

Maybe it broke. lol

Haaaaaa:  1022 days ago

What happened to "I never go raw, I stay strapped like rambo". LOL....

Glam:  1022 days ago

sounded...uhm okay..a lil immature till he said " id like to be with her everyday but ya hafta stay with the mom n alla that bs" staying in one relationship is bs to him? the way he said it is like thats a crazy expectation and no one does it.. like u know guys psh wtf actually most men step the f up and shes better off without you ..r u kidding me u sound like a chode. Anyway Congrats on your baby lady who ever you are and hopefully ull jus get a check n this skinny dweb wont make ur kid have the same immature im so special additude jus cos his dad is famous.

lizzie:  1022 days ago

Aawww I'm happy for him! All the haters fall back!! It's his life get over it! Congrats bow...

jocelyn:  1022 days ago

SO ignorant, wants it to be just them two? Baby being with the mom is bull? God didnt give men a uterus for a reason. How about being with the mother or moving the mother to Atlanta. He is not just a "baby daddy" he is a baby that is a daddy.

Jeramie:  1022 days ago

Dude needs to learn how to spell and talk first, poor kid won't know how to read or write.

lola:  1022 days ago

Well i hope that sweet little girl grows up to speak proper English unlike Daddy.

Jackie:  1022 days ago

First of all CONGRATS BOW WOW on being a TRUE man and waiting until you felt the time was right to talk about your daughter, your first born.

This is what upsets me. There are a few of you who commented on here who obviously didnt READ what he wrote about wanting to be with his baby one on one. It is 2011, not all relationships work - REREAD what he wrote he says nothing about "Having to stay w the baby momma or not wanting to be with the baby momma" he SIMPLY says he would prefer to b with his daughter, just them - but men realize that it never works out that way. DAMN some of ya'll sound super ignorant.

Haters more like it.

Once again, congrats Bow Wow. Smart man for keeping the pics out the internet because one article in admitting you have a child turned into this.

Glam:  1022 days ago

Cherish:  1022 days ago

Congrats to Bow Wow on his 1st born daughter. Listen, things don't always work out between a couple but at least he is being a man and stepping forward to take care of her. As long as he is there for HER, it shouldn't matter that he isn't there for the mother.
He shouldn't release pictures so that she can have as normal of a childihood as possible. It won't be easy for her with her dad being in the spotlight and all but at least he is trying.

krystal:  1022 days ago

Alright everyone, can we please just settle down?!
"sounded...uhm okay..a lil immature till he said " id like to be with her everyday but ya hafta stay with the mom n alla that bs" staying in one relationship is bs to him?" this quote by Glam is a perfect example of misreading an article. If you actually read what he wrote he said "BABY gotta stay wit they mama and all dat bull", he was referencing his daughter, not him! He was refering to the fact that the court systems usually award primary custody to the birth mother over the father unless the mother is deemed unfit. No matter how rich or famous the father is, the court looks at the best interest of the child. So if you are gonna hate on him, at least know what you are talking about!
Anyways, congrats are due to bow wow, its an awesome and joyous experience to have a child, and you should enjoy every minute that you can with her! And it is a really smart idea to not post pictures, children deserve to be given the chance to be children, unless they decide they want to try it.

lolasue:  1022 days ago

Seriously I wish people would learn how to talk/spell! You all sound ignorant even Bow Wow!!

JENIFER THOMAS GRAYSVILLE,ALABAM:  1022 days ago