Breaking News: Amy Winehouse Dead, Stars React

Amy Winehouse, the talented, troubled singer known for her beehive hairdo and personal struggles, was found dead in her London apartment Saturday at age 27.

Click on the "Launch Gallery" button below to see photos from her career.

0723_amy_launch

As with any unexpected death, her fans, may of them celebrities, have taken to Twitter to mourn. Below are some of their tweets.

Kelly Osbourne: i cant even breath right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!

Samantha Ronson: "I'm not sure how anyone with a soul can make jokes about the passing of one of the most talented artists this generation will see."

Seth Meyers: Years ago Sudeikis told me Winehouse's "Valerie" was as good a start-the-day song you'll hear. He was right. I'll miss her.

Kim Kardashian: "I just heard the news that Amy Winehouse passed away. What a true talent. I pray she's in a better place & at peace." Kim Kardashian

Khloe Kardashian: Wow! I just heard about Amy Winehouse passing away! Wow! So sad :( what an amazing talent.

Demi Lovato: Amy Winehouse.. So sad. Unfortunately the world lost an incredibly talented woman to such a powerful disease... addiction. #RIP

"Glee's" Amber Riley: My friends and I were having an Amy Winehouse listening session last night. Shed a tear this morning, so young and very talented. RIP Amy

LeAnn Rimes: RIP Amy Winehouse. So sad to see such a talent gone and her life end in tragedy. This makes me terribly sad.

Emma Bunton: Such sad news about Amy Winehouse. My thoughts are with her family.

Carson Daly: RIP Amy Winehouse. How tragic.

Lance Bass: Another talent dies at 27- RIP - Amy Winehouse.

Alyssa Milano: Tragic. Rest in peace, Amy Winehouse.

Countess LuAnn de Lesseps: Such a tragic ending at such a young

Pete Wentz: super sad to hear about the news. RIP. never take life for granted.

Reba McEntire: Amy Winehouse found dead. So sad. Prayers go out for her family.

Nia Vardalos: Here too briefly, RIP Amy Winehouse.

Simon Pegg: Thoughts and love to those affected by the atrocity in Norway and terribly sad to hear about Amy Winehouse. Sweet and funny girl. Sad day.

Rob Thomas: R.I.P. AMY WINEHOUSE. wow. just wow.

Jenna Ushkowitz: RIP Amy Winehouse, so very talented and so sad.

Eve: my condolences to Amy Winehouse's family and friends :( RIP so sad

Bryan Adams: Dear Amy, you will be missed forever. All my love, RIP, Bryan

Michelle Branch: So gutted to hear about Amy Winehouse. I was just listening to her last night and we were talking about how we hoped she would get well. RIP

Marlee Matlin: just read on AP news..Amy Winehouse died. Shocking that such a young but troubled talent died. Tragic. Thoughts with her family. RIP.

Russell Simmons: I am deeply saddened to hear the passing of Amy Winehouse.  She was an extraordinary talent who left us with tremendous gifts throughout her career.  I send my sincerest condolences to her family, friends and fans.

Lisa Vanderpump: I am so saddened by the death of Amy Winehouse,an amazingly talented young woman..from hearing her first demo,knew she was unique..tragic.

Zachary Quinto: profoundly sad news to wake up to. i hope amy winehouse has found some peace.

Kevin McHale: you'll be missed, Amy Winehouse. too young.

AnnaLynne McCord: RIP Amy Winehouse -- this deeply saddens me. Life is so short. We all have something we do to distract us, something we do to ease the pain of life but the moment we embrace humanity we can find solace in the fact that WE ARE NOT ALONE. Death cometh to all men that is why life is a precious gift.

Danny DeVito: 27 year old Amy Winehouse dead. WTF man I dug her a lot. Very sad about this one! 27 Janice, 27 Jimmy, 27 Amy

Kimora Simmons: RIP Amy Winehouse. Love u always and 4ever. Ur #Talent can never be denied! Now u r at #Peace. Condolences 2 all the family.

Demi Moore: "Truly sad news about Amy Winehouse. My heart goes out to her family. May her troubled soul find peace."

Jessica Alba: "So sad about Amy Winehouse - she was so talented. Really tragic." Jessica Alba

Rob Thomas: "so many people saying that because it's not a surprise that amy winehouse passed, it's not sad. i hope you have more compassion for friends."

Joel Madden: "R.I.P. Amy. Your Voice will live Forever."

Sophia Bush: "This Amy Winehouse news is just so sad. To anyone struggling with addiction, please, please, please seek treatment."

Dave Navarro: "My God! So sad to hear about Amy Winehouse! My deepest condolences to her friends and family and fans. You will be missed Amy xoxox"

Fred Savage: "Hug and thank everyone in your life who loves u enough to not let u end up like Amy Winehouse. RIP Amy, I wish someone would have helped"

Dr. Drew Pinksy: "SO sad, another lost to addiction. A reminder this is often a fatal condition. Recovery is possible, but sadly not for Amy Winehouse"

Kevin Williamson: Amy Winehouse lived longer than I expected. Is that awful of me? I'm sorry, Amy (hash)RIP"

Jay Sean: "just heard the shocking news of Amy winehouse's death. Absolutely tragic. Such a talented artist. So sad."

Q-Tip: "The last time I spoke 2 amy I told her let her light shine more"

Leave your thoughts below.

Kenya:  1007 days ago

Amy was one of my fav artist! Her Talent was amazing !! So Sad! This lady worked with Ashford & Simpson!! Power house Talent Gone 2 soon! REST in Power Amy!! Gone but never Forgotten! My tears are cryin on there own right now!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia Segura:  1007 days ago

RIP Amy Winehouse Too Tragic

PRTTYKAT:  1007 days ago

R.I.P. AMY, LOVED UR MUSIC!
MY CONDOLENCES 2 HER FAM!
GOOD TALENT GONE, BUT NEVER 4GOTTN!!

aaron:  1007 days ago

May she rest in peace forever in the loving arms of God.

tantekirsch:  1007 days ago

So sad...very good talent gone wasted.

This should be a wake up call for Lindsay Lohan - get a grip on your life girl or you'll end up a statistic like this one...good talent gone and wasted

SYLVI212:  1007 days ago

Sorry everyone, and I know I'm going to get blasted for this but I don't care. First, Amy was NOT an "amazing talent", she was a drug addict. I look at this article and see all of her "friend's" Twitter posts...where were you all when she was sinking? You all "love her so much", yet none of you did anything to help her. She has to want to help herself first? BULL..You, her "friends", should have intervened in any way you had to to help her. That's what REAL friends do. Get ready for more Twitter posts, friends of Amy, because there are a slew more that will be right behind her.

Ways2BWicked:  1007 days ago

I'm very saddened by the death of Amy Winehouse. It's a shock. She was very talented! RIP

Alana:  1007 days ago

People NEED to remember that this girl had a family who loved her, and who are feeling such pain, along with HUGE guilt-So keep that in mind before you even think of writing ANY nasty messages!!!!

I wish I could say that I was shocked by this news, but I honestly wasn't. Amy had a very troubled existance, and unfortunately couldn't out-run her demons. I pray that at least now she may have some peace.

My heart BREAKS for her family & friends-As they could only watch as she destroyed herself... You can take a horse to water etc...
They NEED TO KNOW that NONE of this is their fault!!! There is NOTHING any of them could have done to prevent this!!!
It's going to take them a very long time to learn to live with this devastating news, but they are in the prayers & thoughts of the entire world!!!

RIP Amy-A talent & life gone way too soon...

Stephanie:  1007 days ago

Wow, such an amazing talent. I love your music Amy, I am sooooo very sad to hear that we have lost you. you will never ever be forgotten!!!

Gilly:  1007 days ago

I hal****ree with SYLV212... I do think Amy had talent and I also agree that she had no friends, like Sylv said, where were they when she was sinking? And the so called fans.... booing her (in Birmingham) isnt being supportive of someone

People are, in the main, (which means not everybody lol) a very fickle species...

R.I.P Amy .... I hope your death saves at least one lost person

RPR:  1007 days ago

My heart is heavy,such a talented young lady,gone much too soon. May God bless and keep her family.

Bo:  1007 days ago

I have to agree with number 6. When are we going to distinguish the difference between someone that is a positive influence on society and some one who is not. Amy, in her life, did nothing but try and pervert society. There's no tears here.

stephanie:  1007 days ago

RIP Amy, So young and talented

Silly TMZ:  1007 days ago

All I can say to SYLVI212 is that it must be nice to live in a little bubble of perfection not affected by drug addiction or vices of any kind. Although I find it hard to believe you don't have a vice because everyone does and I also find it hard to believe that someone you know and love isn't struggling with this very problem because millions of people are. And newsflash to you- drug addicts are people- they are mothers, fathers, husbands and wives. No one sets out to become an addict or to die of an overdose. And no one can force an addict to get clean and stay clean. Addiction is a life long battle that an addict fights alone, whether you go to rehab or not. You should probably refrain from speaking about issues that you have no personal experience with or understanding about. You just sound ignorant. I pity your loved ones.

Toni Colwell:  1007 days ago

I WISH LOVE AMY WINEHOUSE ,MAY HAVE YOU PEACE A LAST. WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments