Kelly Osbourne Disses Kate Middleton for Recycling Dress

We give Duchess Catherine props for her thrifty dress recycling -- but Kelly Osbourne has a serious problem with it.

0804_osbourne_video
Last night on "The Tonight Show," Osbourne went off on Kate for her repeat dresses, telling Jay Leno "If I had that job I would only wear it once. If I am going to be the future bloody Queen of England I'm going to wear that dress once because I'm giving up the rest of my life, all of my privacy. At least I can get a new dress every day!"

Remember, just last week Kate was spotted at Zara Phillips' pre-wedding cocktail party wearing the same green Diane von Furstenberg dress she donned just three weeks prior at a high-profile soiree in California.

See photos of the dress from both events below:

0729_kate_launch

And while we don't know (or want to know) about Kate's delicates, Kelly says she'd even get new underwear everyday if she were Duchess. "Well, if I could, I would," she said. "That's a really good idea, actually."

We gotta know: If you were royalty, would you be caught wearing the same outfit twice?

terilynrodgers123:  1183 days ago

and we care about her opinion why? There's nothing wrong with wearing the same thing twice. At least Kate has style.

p:  1183 days ago

Kelly is a spoiled brat by saying thing like that!

Ninky:  1183 days ago

shut up Kelly. Kate has style and charm that you can never hope to achieve.
Being responsible when it is the tax payers money paying for your clothes is the responsible and respectful thing to do.

SammyBrown:  1183 days ago

I Like Kelly but seriously, in a world today filled with alot of problems including poverty and economical debt, at least she has the respect to show that even though she is now royalty, it is perfectly human to recycle clothes even if you can afford to buy a new outfit everyday. Why waste your money regardless of how much you have? That is mainly why Kate does this. She understands that there is alot going on in this world financially and doesnt want to show boat like Kelly who is really famous why? cuz of her parents? thats not enough for me. She should mind her business.

Olivia:  1183 days ago

Kate is in a position to promote sales for British Designers, to help in the economy.
It's not acceptible to wear the same dress at a
family wedding, is the occasion not important enough to purchase a new dress?

Whaat?:  1183 days ago

I don't understand why Kelly Osbourne is the new authority on fashion. She is and always has been disgusting and classless. Just because she lost a ton of weight doesn't make that less true.

SammyBrown:  1183 days ago

I disagree number 5. Shes doesnt have to buy a new outfit and wear it everytime she walks out of her apartment door to bump sales up for the bristish designers....she does it enough just with recycling her wardrobe alone. I mean does the average woman go out and by a new outfit for every occassion? NO. despite who she is now married to, she came from ordinary for the most part. I have more respect for her for not showing off how royal she is now than if she were to parade in new clothes 24/7. It just goes to show that this new found fame hasnt gone to her head.

Olivia:  1183 days ago

I t is important to purchace a new dress for a family wedding.
Sadly Kate wears old clothes.
No need for her to be photographed or for anyone
to buy magazines with her on the cover.
If she wants to be one of the millions, she should not be QUEEN or Duchess.

Mayu:  1183 days ago

And with all the world's problems we care about what she wears how many times because?

Its not like she was wearing a garbage bag.

And Kelly Osborne shouldn't talk. She wasn't, well really isn't, exactly the pillar of fashion.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a pretty, comfortable and socially acceptable dress more than once.

I bet people like Olivia who find this shocking would be the first people to call her "Showboating", or a "Privileged snob" if she were to wear a new designer dress every time she emerged in public.

I think there are bigger things to worry about than what a princess is wearing. They should be honored she's so accessible in the first place.

Jack:  1183 days ago

This coming from someone that has no taste at all. Crawl back in your hole Kelly

Mayu:  1183 days ago

Olivia sounds like a spoiled snob.

She shouldn't be QUEEN or duchess just because she wears the same dress more than once?

Are you a little loony hun? How will a new dress every day of the week end wars, feed the hungry, strengthen bonds between allies, ease tensions with enemies, comfort the people of her country, I mean, get over YOURSELF.

Stanley:  1183 days ago

Seriously Kelly, who cares what you have to say. Who are you again? A pig covered in tattoos? At least Kate has class and manners and is not superficial enough to think she can't wear the same thing twice in three weeks. In the real world, most people wear the same thing over and over. Get over yourself piggie.

SammyBrown:  1183 days ago

Thats ur choice to buy an outfit for every wedding u go to and thats fine. There is no rule or law that says otherwise whether royalty or not. she can do what she pleases and so can u. Shes doing just fine with what shes been doing.

Carol:  1183 days ago

Kelly just wishes that she looked like Kate. And for your information Kelly, lots of people wear the same outfit more than once. As for me, I find it refreshing that someone with money is not wasting money and getting a new outfit for ever occasion. So I admire Kate for doing so and I believe that alot of other people, with money, shoud do the same and oh by the way Kelly, you have no style sense at all. So shut up.

JLRN:  1183 days ago

For those of us that were not born with a silver spoon up our ass; like Kelly, we are aware that clothing is meant to be worn more than once. In a day and age when half the world, cant make a decent standard of living and we are lucky to be able to buy one new outfit a year. I find it heart warming to see The "Future Queen" being frugal. And can someone please tell me when is it exactly that Osborne the Prat became a fashion expert? I mean really, have you seen some of the things she has worn. UGH!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments