'Dirty Dancing' Remake -- What's Jennifer Grey Think?

Fans of the original "Dirty Dancing" cried foul when a remake was announced earlier this week -- but one surprising star is sticking up for it: Baby herself, Jennifer Grey!

0810_dirty_launch
Grey, who starred alongside the late Patrick Swayze in the 1987 flick, took to her Twitter last night to give her support to the new Kenny Ortega-directed project.

"I love @Kennyortega and trust that he will do something special #DirtyDancingRemake," she wrote, later adding "Blown away by all of the love expressed for #DirtyDancing. Makes me want to see it again. So grateful to have been a part of it."

She also tells the Wall Street Journal, "I’m so excited about this news and I think there’s nobody better to do this than my beloved Kenny Ortega who is as responsible as anyone for the success of the first one.  I can’t wait to see what he’s going to do with it.”

Does Baby's seal of approval ease your fears at all? Sound off below!

ALISHA:  1085 days ago

No way. They cannot remake Dirty Dancing. There is only one Patrick Swayze and "Baby". That show is so amazing that I have watched it so many times I feel like I lived it when I watch it. I feel so personal with the people. Nothing could ever, ever compare. Boo to the remake.

Jon:  1085 days ago

Considering she and Swayze's off screen chemistry was anything but romantic (said to have stemmed from her attitude) making her want to complain about not being able to wait to finish and leave this film behind and her sudden emotional love affair with the film and her since passed co-star, it'd seem to me that her word is as good as garbage due to her hypocritical blabber. If I were to go a conspiracy theorist POV then she just wants a remake to bury the memory of Swayze and his immense talent, because more than likely she'll be offered a part/cameo in the said remake keeping her involvement priority. I've visited the place where they shot the film and all I ask is if this film goes through, that they shoot it in the same place.

Ivana Tinkle:  1085 days ago

I agree with Alisha!
I've seen too many remakes lately and they lack the certain charm the originals had.
If I saw the new version, I'd only be unconsciously comparing it to the original, which would only distract from concentrating on the movie.
BTW, what's with all the remakes-no original ideas anymore or is Hollywood getting lazy?

Jeanette:  1085 days ago

I agree nothing will compare to the first one.
But there is nothing wrong with re-makes and capturing the newer generations.
Let's be honest can you get a teenager to sit through a film from the 80's and 90's? No probably not. So why not remake it and then if they like it then they will appreciate the original.

cindy:  1085 days ago

To me, I think it's disrespectful in reguards to Patrick Swayze. The man just recently died for Pete sake. It's like they want to forget about him. Shame on Hollywood.

smashley:  1085 days ago

it's gonna blow... big time. epic fail. please bhe original stop crappy remakes of good movies.

informativez:  1085 days ago

Patrick is barely cold and your already itching to remake all his stuff? It was a classic and worthy a a video rental re-watching NOT a remake.

Michelle:  1085 days ago

I do not think they should make the remake. DIrty Dancing is a classic in its self.

Joyce:  1085 days ago

Please don't make this remake!!!! Dirty Dancing is a classic that shouldn't be messed with. I wish they would come up with new movies instead of ruining all the classics!!!

Steve:  1085 days ago

Never saw it, let them remake it.

chrissie russo:  1085 days ago

It was/is such an iconic film...WHY on earth would they want to remake it? How about re-releasing the original to new audiences?? I'm so afraid we'll end up with Baby and Johnny doing Hip-Hop instead of it being the wonderful, coming o****e love story it was. That would be such a shame.