TLC Cancels 'Kate Plus 8' -- Gosselin Reacts

"Kate Plus 8" star Kate Gosselin will be minus a TV show after next season.

0815_kate
In a press release, TLC says they have "decided not to renew another season of Kate Plus 8," adding "By the end of this season Kate Plus 8 will have hit the 150 episode mark (including Jon & Kate Plus 8); an exceptional milestone. TLC hopes to check in with Kate and the family periodically with specials in the future."

Following the announcement, Gosselin jumped on her Twitter and posted a lengthy message to fans:

"TLC cancelled it. I'm sorry ...

We've had a great run! Six years of whirlwind funfilled adventures thanks to TLC and our many many supportive &diehard fans!

While it is very sad for me and the kids (there were many tears at the breakfast table this morning!), we are looking forward with great anticipation to our bright future! As is very typical for me, I am choosing to see the positive in this situation and I am excited to consider the many more invigorating opportunities that may come my way!

I poured my entire self in2 the last6years of 'Kate Plus 8' & I can't wait2have the chance2challenge myself again w future endeavors! In the meanX,I hope 2have more time4motivational speaking,book writing &other fun work opportunities that come my way...And maybe even some dating??!! We wish our fans well. And remember, this is not 'goodbye'.I prefer to say 'See you around!' Xoxo

We will all stay on twitter! I know I'm not going anywhere!"

The show just started its now-final season last week.

Estranged husband Jon Gosselin was happy with the news, telling Radar Online he was "relieved" by the move.

Will you miss Kate? Sound off below!

en Todo Momento!!:  1132 days ago

k+8 as well as j&k+8 were like the new age unscripted brady bunch. they definitely gave insight into our new colorful multicultural world!!

sbs:  1132 days ago

SO GLAD! Could not stand her and her whinning. Give the kids a break already!

j:  1132 days ago

How is kate going to pay her bills now?

clarkins:  1132 days ago

Thank god.. now maybe we can get rid of all the other mindless reality shows on TV and star*****ching something that requires talent and creativity.

Nancy:  1132 days ago

FINALLY! I'm sick of this lady and her spoiled bratty kids. Good riddance.

sheila:  1132 days ago

Yippie!! Now maybe these kids can try to live normal lives (not take 5 vacations a year, with NO lines to wait in!!) and have a social life. Kate will now get a social life??? Please, Kate has a social life with her married "Bodyguard".

Gosselinwithoutpity must be burning up the internet!!

had a social

Palm Beach, FL:  1132 days ago

Good. Miss Thing is gone.

Tinalouise:  1132 days ago

She is an evil, vile person. She can't get along with anyone and I feel so sorry for her kids. My god they have to do everything outside in the cold just so they don't spill a crumb..she is an obnoxious compulsive,narcissistic person. She needs to go to therapy before her kids all decide to sneak out and run far far away!!

meggy9489:  1132 days ago

FINALLY!!! should have stopped once it was minus John! it was a long time coming ... Kate is just so annoying im surprised TLC kept her own show this long!

Jess:  1132 days ago

Tears of joy maybe. Seeing how half the time they are crying anyway, they're probably relieved to finally have a normal life and not have camera constantly in their face.

Tinalouise:  1132 days ago

Motivational speaking? She isn't serious is she? The last I heard she went to do a speaking engagement and showed up very grumpy, miserable and would not talk to anyone unless they had her book to sign.

erika redekopp:  1132 days ago

I real enjoyed Kate plus 8. Sorry to hear its ending. Some of the other comments sound like sour grapes. I am sure if given the opportunity , anyone would jump at the chance to be paid to do a show about raising their children.

mary:  1132 days ago

Erik first learn to spell
Kate is not a Catholic
Kate since becoming famous has stopped going to church

sounds like you want to molest kids

Rick:  1132 days ago

Glad to see the yuck go...now NEVER come back !

Jamie:  1132 days ago

Did anyone notice that she didn't mention 'being a great Mom' as one of her future aspirations? I saw quite a few "I"s, "Me"s, and "My"s. Does she even remember the kids are there? I mean, she did toss Jon aside. I wouldn't be shocked if she gave him custody to peruse her "career". UGH

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments