Abercrombie to Situation: Stop Wearing Our Clothes!

0817_situationAbercrombie & Fitch has a situation with The Situation.

In a stroke of marketing genius, the clothing company has issued a formal letter to the "Jersey Shore" star, saying they'll pay him to stop wearing their goods.

"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," an Abercrombie & Fitch spokesperson tells CNN.

"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's The Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand," A&F continues. "We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."

No word yet on Situation's response ... but he's never had a problem taking off clothes.

.:  1081 days ago

Dude has NO OBLIQUES.

Those are some serious LOVE-HANDLES.

some guy:  1081 days ago

This story made me lol.

JTax:  1081 days ago

I guess if I'm a fan of the show, Abercrombie doesn't want me to shop at their stores? I took the message to be that they don't want Jersey Shore or anything to do with the show (including fans) to associated with their brand. Guess my money isn't good enough for their bottom line.

Mike:  1081 days ago

Tell the douche to keep wearing affliction. Isn't that what all douche bags wear anyways?

David Whitehorn:  1081 days ago

I can understand the concern of the company. If your clothing line gets popularized by a TV show that is short lived and will so fade, they fear that everything associated with it will fade as well, including their clothes. It is very smart of them to understand that a boost in sales today wont give them the staying power that they need. They are willing to sacrifice a boost in revenue today for lower but long lived consistant revenue stream for years to come. I think that its brilliant for their marketing team to have recognized this and I respect the company for not just thinking of today but the future of the company, its called being proactive. I don't know if this is a publicly traded company but if it is the stock holders should be very proud that their money is in such good hands. Finally I watch Jersey Shore and I am not offended, I realize that its business.

Cherie Jackson:  1081 days ago

Hey I think he will do it for the $$! I NEVER seen The Situation turn down some good money... But hopefully all the cast show em where to stick it...
Take the money... Quit wearing the clothes, then make sure they get it out there that "Jersey Shore" isn't good enough for their line of clothes... Lets see how bad THAT is for business!!! I don't shop at that Corporatism P.O.S. Store anyways, hopefully everyone else will quit filling their pockets too!! The clothes aren't even all that in the 1st place!!

Lizz:  1081 days ago

Being from NJ, you can't imagine how IRRITATING it is to be associated with these grease monkeys - ALL OF THEM! "Jersey Shore" is a stereotype of the typical Sleazeside crowd! It's NOT a representation of NJ. And The ****, I mean the Sit, ain't crap. I mean, what positive message are any of them sending?! Other than how to live your life like a dramatic loser who lucked out! And funny how someone said... He doesn't even have obliques, no real cuts in his abs and doesn't even have a chest! Can't stand these guys! Kudos to Abercrombie! These guys aren't even hot enough to wear their stuff!

mommy4morgan:  1081 days ago

Pay me - I'll stop wearing your brand!

A.M.:  1081 days ago

Why is he showing his abs? He does not have a washboard and it looks silly! Can you say Barf!!!

Miguel:  1081 days ago

So i should stop buying A&F then? This doesn't make sense other then the company buying jerks about it. Find them irratating and whatnot, but millions of people watch the show, myself included. It doesn't offend me as much as i find it a dumb move for A&F bussiness watch. Sorry David, but A&F has been around long before Jersey Shore and will most likely be there long after the show ends. Telling them not to where their clothes on tv were billions are gonna watch and maybe bring more revenue to the stores is just plain stupid. Laugh it off all you want, it's still a dumb move.

Nick:  1081 days ago

His abs look like intestines. I wouldnt want him wearing my clothes either just to pull up the shirt and show off that...

Hoekom Jy My Haat:  1081 days ago

Can you blame them. They don't want to be associated with White Trash.

Look what the Chavs did to Burberry in the UK.

Rebecca davis:  1081 days ago

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. People actually strive to b like the cast members of jerdy shore. Lol

amccrea:  1081 days ago

Wow, I didnt realize that people still wore Abercombie. Thats so 5 years ago.

CANDACE:  1081 days ago

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO WHEN A COMPANY CAN TELL YOU NOT TO WEAR THEIR PRODUCT.....WHEN IT WAS HIS MONEY THAT BOUGHT IT.....THIS IS A JOKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments