Another 'Real Housewives' Couple Splits

0822_hartwell_singleAnother "Real Housewives" couple has split.

Lisa Wu-Hartwell, who starred in the first two seasons of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta," has separated from her husband, NFL pro Edgerton "Ed" Hartwell.

Wu-Hartwell confirmed the news via her Twitter account. She shot down reports that financial issues led to their split. "We r seperated but wld NEVER b over money," She posted. "That is so far frm the truth. Wish ppl cld respect ppl's privacy during times like these."

"It's been tough," she later added.

The couple defaulted on their mortgage in 2009, and had to leave Atlanta (and the show).

The couple has a son, Ed Jr., born in 2007.

Fellow Atlanta "Housewives" star Nene Leakes is in the process of divorcing her husband Gregg, and Sheree Whitfield divorced from Falcons player Bob Whitfield in 2007.

kim:  973 days ago

Not surprised they are all gold diggers anyway. You get what you ask for on both sides!! These girls marry those atheletes for all the wrong reasons $$$$$$$$$.

Mary:  973 days ago

she was too old for him, she had her kids early on and he wanted more babies, she didn't really want no more after giving him one, which wasnt fair to him. WARNING-MEN WHO FALL FOR COUGARS YOU MAY NOT GET THE BABIES YOU WANT OR LIFE YOU WANT BECAUSE THEY HAVE LIVED THEIRS...SO...SHOP AROUND BEFORE YOU SETTLE FOR A COUGAR WITH BABIES/TEENAGE CHILDREN! Ed i hope you learned your lesson from this and Lisa, all i can say is honey second marriage with two sets of kids..what will you do now? Yall should have made it work!

Happy:  973 days ago

Mary, you can't be this unhappy with your life. What kind of jealous, mean comment was that? I hope you don't ever get divorced because according to you, a person can't have a second chance at happiness. No I don't have children nor have I been divorced. I'm just not bitter or envious. Lisa is only eight years older than her husband. And unless you're told that, you wouldn't ever know that. I'm sorry they had those financial problems, I liked seeing a man so crazy about his wife and taking such good care of her.
Sorry you aren't rooting for happiness too Mary.

Sunset Strip Dealer:  973 days ago

This bitch says it is not about the money. Whenever a female says it is not about the money, it is about the money. How about earning your own way ****.

Happy:  973 days ago

Sunset, sounds like you wish you had someone with money too huh?. I'm sorry you don't. What a shame you women only have negative things to say about one of the only ones on that show that was nice and not cut throat.

hopefloats39:  973 days ago

ummm hey lisa opps i mean happy, to be honest she was not my favorite person on the show i just didnt care for her sorry for her divorce no one should have to go through that

Cutie Pie:  973 days ago

I agree with Happy and STRONGLY disagree with Mary. It doesn't matter if the woman is a "cougar" or not there are PLENTY of older woman who are perfectly capable of having children and want to have children. So for you to make the "cougar" comment is extremely unfair. You must be very young and naive.

Happy:  973 days ago

Hopefloats39, I'm not Lisa, I'm sure you won't believe it. I've never even responded to these things before but I couldn't take those evil comments. She wasn't necessarily my favorite, she just wasn't as cut throat and plus, I think women have a problem with her because she's really cute.

chimein:  973 days ago

She was all about the money! He was trying to get back into football to save his marriage back then! He knew no football checks no Lisa!

I didn't really like her, as if you couldn't tell from me assuming she is the reason for the break up.

angryinnv:  973 days ago

i liked lisa. i'm sorry they are getting divorced. didn't her husband suffer some sort of injury? anyway, i don't think she married him for the money. imho

urnorthlyte:  973 days ago

A family that prays together STAYS together. Lisa & Ed, get that Bible out. Read it and trust the Lord to work it out. I am a single mother of five. Faith & Grace is the only thing to bring you two through this one. I loved seeing you guys happy. It gave me hope:) We look forward to new pictures of you guys when our Heavenly Father has touched your lives!

Felecia :  973 days ago

I really loved that show but a lot of female hated on the show cuzz they to jealous to watch other ladies looking good, beautiful houses,and a husband!!! Get a life ladies !!! What happen to women stix n together it so sad y'all respond is she a gold digger regardless he married her!! So what it take to get you it take to keep you .love don't pay the bills move with ya man pay n and stop and watch what happen !!! Lol y'all need to keep it real

Calvin:  973 days ago

What do yall mean she wasn't all about the money? She was my favorite but remember the episode when they were downsizing to the smaller home. She even said she was upset and she wanted to stay wealthy. She did not say anything about being commited to her marriage and would make it work. funny huh?

Stephanice:  972 days ago

It's sad that they are breaking up. She was a cutt throat on the show!!! She started the Nene and Kim beef! She told about the song in the limo and when Kim called her out on the reunion, she tried to get all bad so they would change the subject. Even though she sneaky and messy she still deserves happiness!! sorry to see another lovely couple split!! You should always keep details of your life private because when you let the world in, ppl begin to speak against your happiness and peace because they aren't happy. I wish them both the best and i hope Ed won't do her like Keith Sweat did her and take this son because she seems to be a great mom!!!

Mrs Carter:  972 days ago

Lisa is from my neighborhood. Went to the same High School. She was always pretty and popular. She snagged one of the hottest R&B singers in the 90's. She had children, worked hard and made her own money in real estate. Her first husband was mean and abusive to her and I'm sure it is because he was much older and she was successful. She met Ed when she was extremely successful. So they had $$$ together. Anyone who knows about the limelight(fame) men have a very difficult time falling out of it. I am sure he is depressed and bitter. They will be fine. With or without one another.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments