Megan Fox Explains Why She's Removing Her Marilyn Monroe Tattoo

Megan Fox is well-known for her many body tattoos, but she's getting rid of her most noticeable one -- a portrait of Marilyn Monroe on her right forearm.

0823_fox_launch

"I'm removing it," Fox told Italian fashion magazine Amice. "She was a negative person, she was disturbed, bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life."

The 25-year-old actress had her Monroe tattoo covered by make-up in "Transformers" and gloves in "Jennifer's Body."

She's been undergoing laser treatments to remove the body art, a process she says hurts.

Fox is keeping her other tattoos for now, including a Shakespeare quote on her shoulder that reads "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies," a tribal tattoo on her left wrist, and a star on her left ankle. Click on the "Launch Gallery" button above to see her tattoos.

The Monroe tattoo isn't the only adornment she's removed. Also gone? A navel piercing.

"I did it when I was 16-years-old because I was a fan of Britney Spears," Fox admits. "The only time I tried to imitate someone else. But then I thought it was tacky and so I removed it when I turned 20."

Hayley:  1067 days ago

Everyone knows that Marilyn Monroe was no role model. She was a sex symbol, which is why there is such a fascination with the late actress. Megan Fox probably got that tattoo on a whim thinking it would represent sexuality. I'm sure after seeing how the placement of the tattoo took away from her own beauty, she decided to nix it. I'm so tired of Megan Fox trying to making everything she does sound so deep, and complex. She's an idiot. Just be honest: IT WAS A BAD TATTOO!

Jenny:  1067 days ago

So Megan Fox thinks that Marilyn Monroe was a negative person because she was bipolar. That's a giant insult to everyone with mental disorders. Maybe she should step back and take a look at what a negative person she is before she says anything about someone else.

Pauldarosaranch:  1067 days ago

I understand she got the tattoo because she wanted to remember to not let Hollywood change her.

steve:  1067 days ago

What is she going to do about those thumbs?

Isa:  1067 days ago

Megan Fox is removing her tattoo of Monroe because " "She was a negative person, she was disturbed, bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life." Dear Ms Fox, you are not fit to lick the boots of Marilyn or any other Bipolar sufferer. Perhaps you should have some more surgery, although if they removed the part of you that is a talentless c*nt, there would be nothing left.

Rhonda:  1067 days ago

This is exactly what parents preach to their children! DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO PUT DOWN OTHERS IN ORDER TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BETTER. It does not matter what you have removed--it will not change who you really are on the inside--and every time you open your mouth, the real you comes out. Change YOURSELF, Ms Fox, and you will find yourself a much better (and positive) person indeed!

Kel:  1067 days ago

Seriously.. this woman is a moron! She is just trying to get some media from this because she blew it with Transformers. She is played out! And to say that someone with a mental illness is a bad influence or disturbed WOW.. If she doesn't want that negative infulence in her life then quit being who she is cause that is the most negative thing I can think of!

Theresa:  1067 days ago

Wait a second.....isn't she bipolar also? Didn't she come out a few years ago after transformers and say she had bipolar disorder/ Guess her removing the tattoo shows how she is feeling today.

Jackie:  1067 days ago

Wow!!....Her attitude sucks, At least Monroe had some class.

BeHonest:  1067 days ago

Dumb people do dumb things when they were young. Many thought it was hip and cool to get all inked up for no apparently reason. Now she WILL have to deal with scars. Yeah trust me, doesn't matter how good the laser technology is, she still will get scars. Well she is still hot, so I guess people will over look those scares! So kids, stay away from tattoos until you are old and smart enough.

Nugget:  1067 days ago

Megan Fox herself has said she is bipolar. 9 times out of 10, the sh*t coming out of her mouth makes zero sense. A tattoo becomes a part of you -- she made the decision to get it, she should live with it.

Christen:  1067 days ago

Megan Fox is a talentless moron. I give it to her that she USED TO BE a beautiful young woman before she started hacking away at her face and body. She's made a bad reputation for herself, and several bad movies, way too early on in her career...and this is just the latest stunt she's pulling to keep her name being said.

Vilma:  1067 days ago

Totally agree with Hayley!!!

Jan:  1067 days ago

from what we've heard she's a NEGATIVE person, and poor Marilyn was surrounded by negativity, not that she was negative

kimberly:  1067 days ago

WHAT a complete moron! I am assuming this is one of miss Fox's personalities speaking.

See full story from 2009 -http://news.softpedia.com/news/Megan-Fox-Thinks-She-s-Schizophrenic-120846.shtml

"The actress believes she has a mental problem, although she is still to determine what that might be. As per Fox’s own words for the aforementioned magazine and cited by The Examiner, she believes she’s suffering from schizophrenia and might find her end at an early age, just like the ultimate Hollywood diva did. The “Transformers” star came to this conclusion by reading all the books that have been written on Marilyn throughout the years, she adds.

“I basically read every book ever written about Marilyn Monroe.” Fox tells Wonderland, the same magazine where she’s also featured in a stunning ‘80s-inspired photospread in the golden desert, as we also informed you yesterday. “I could end up like that because I constantly struggle with the idea that I think I’m a borderline personality – or that I have bouts of mild schizophrenia. I definitely have some kind of mental problem and I haven’t pinpointed what it is.” Megan further explains. "

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments