Cher Defends Son Chaz Against 'Haterz'

0831_chaz_singleThe Web has been abuzz after it was announced that Chaz Bono will be competing on the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars."

Some of the feedback around the show's first transgendered contestant has been negative, and Chaz's mother Cher isn't having any of it.

"Lovelies! Chaz is Being Viciously Attacked on Blogs & Message boards about being on DWTS!This is Still America right ? It took guts 2 do it," Cher tweeted Wednesday.

“I support him no matter what he chooses 2do! God! will there always be haters! It took COURAGE 2 do dwts ! TG Chaz has an Unlimited supply,” she added. "Mothers don't stop Getting angry with stupid bigots who [expletive] with their children!"

Cher has been an outspoken supporter of Chaz, who was born Chastity Bono to her and the late Sonny Bono. Chaz's transition to male became legal last year.

Chaz has been paired up with pro Lacey Schwimmer, and don't be surprised to see Cher in the audience or even performing on the popular ABC reality competition.

"Dancing With the Stars" returns to ABC on September 19.

Are you excited about the upcoming season of "Dancing With the Stars?" Tell TooFab in the comments below!

Shelly:  1085 days ago

I am so happy to see Chaz is paired up with Lacey! AMAZING and I will for sure be tuning in! I love the fact that Cher is a supportive mother like all mothers should be! Rock ON!!!!!

Makes me wanna knock on her door and hug her next time I pass by on my way to Zuma!

Areader:  1085 days ago

Good for Chaz!

robinn:  1085 days ago

Dee-lighted for Chaz to dance the nites away. I admire him immensely, solid as a rock and he will bring it home!

BB in CA:  1085 days ago

Sorry about the haters Chaz. We are not all like that and we're looking forward to the show. Good luck and good health!

Kimba10:  1085 days ago

Oh great, Cher doesn't like "haters" having a negative opinions about her daughter oops son. But she's all to willingly and happy to give her hateful prejudice negative opinions and advice about someone eles's daughter and grandchildren's. Perhaps if Cher had giving Chaz up for adoption years ago instead of exploiting her on their show, she wouldn't had turned into a man. Some nerve Cher!!!

tlm:  1085 days ago

I'm glad he'll be paired up with Lacey - that way, BOTH of them will get the boot right away.

sc1432:  1084 days ago

I think it is great that Chaz is on DWTS. It is easier for some people to hate, then to accept something they may not believe in or understand. All the haters have many insecurites in there own lives.
Chaz choice is just that. It does not effect my life or anyone else.Just becasue you do not understand,Don't hate..

Peggy:  1084 days ago

Helloooooo. DWTS is ENTERTAINMENT! It's a TV SHOW! If you don't like it or don't like who's on it, don'*****ch it! Criminy. And as a mother, I'm with Cher. Say whatever you wish about me, but do NOT f**k with my family! To all you haters out there, um, Chas was a girl and now Chaz is a boy. And this affects YOU how? Get a life.

MC:  1084 days ago

Chaz seems like a charming, level-headed young man who has been through quite a gauntlet. A lot of the "hater" crap I read seemed to be weight remarks which is funny because he looks like an average American joe. The transgender issue I guess is just too foreign to people and it makes them lash out.

nita:  1084 days ago

"Chaz" is NOT a HE. She may have had her breasts removed but she still has vagina and not a penis. That makes her a she not a he. Even if she goes all the way with surgery, she will still have female hormones. But somehow WE are the people with problems?? I love myself the way God made me.

nathan:  1084 days ago

i'm rooting for chaz, i hope he kicks arse, i know its been hard for cher, accepting chaz, but i'm glad she is stepping up to the plate now.

Kathy:  1084 days ago

to the HATERS: your child is ALWAYS your child no matter what. If Chaz offends you then don'*****ch the show. No one is forcing their opinions on you. Turn to the cartoon network or does that offend you too.

Rebel Right Wrongs:  1084 days ago

Go Chaz.. II always knew she would have your back...Cher is unreal

Maggie:  1084 days ago

I support Chaz to live his life his way, after all, it's his life, but I am amused that Cher is screaming about "haters." She has made some pretty hateful and uneducated remarks about we Tea Party members, things that I have found most offensive, so that's the pot calling the kettle black.

I don'*****ch DWTS but I will be cheering for you Chaz, I might even watch. Good for you!!!

adam:  1084 days ago

My Theory: Those that hate are harbouring feelings *THEY* are unable to correctly process - so they aggresively lash-out against that "unknown" because it petrifies them beyond their worst nightmare...

How sad.