News

Did "Two and a Half Men's" Audience Stick Around?

0927_twoandhalf_singleThe season premiere of "Two and a Half Men" introducing Ashton Kutcher brought in a record-breaking 28.7 million viewers last week. Not all of them stayed, but the second episode still posted very strong numbers.

Last night's episode drew 20.3 million viewers, a 30% drop from the premiere. A drop was expected, since many viewers tuned in for the premiere to learn the fate of Charlie Sheen's character and how Kutcher's character would enter the show.

The Hollywood Reporter says last night's episode marked a 50% gain compared to the second episode of "Men" last season -- very encouraging news.

Meanwhile, "Dancing With the Stars" also took a dip in its ratings, but held steady.

GUDU:  1151 days ago

I THINK ASHTON'S CHARACTER IS NOT FUNNY AT ALL.. IT SEEMS AS IF THEY ARE GIVING HIM THE SAME LIFE STILL CHARLIES BROTHER IN THE SHOW JUST CAUSE HE'S A MILLIONARIE DOESN'T MAKE IT DIFFERNENT. AND WHAT IS WITH ALL THE LAUGHING WHENEVER ASHTON OPENS HIS MOUTH, EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS NOT FUNNY. JOHN CRYER IS HAVING TO HOLD THAT SHOW TOGETHER ALL BY HIMSELF. I THINK THEY NEED TO MAKE A DEAL WITH CHARLIE CHEEN AND BRING HIM BACK TO THE SHOW CAUSE WITH OUT HIM THERE IS NO NEXT SEASON OF "TWO AND HALF MEN".

2 Replies

Different Rules Apply:  1151 days ago

Next week the ratings will be less and less and so on... people are tuning in out of pure curiosity and to make sure that Asston is as bad as he seems. Once they are convinced its not a fluke, the show will be canned. Not for the lack of Jon Cryer... he deserves his own brand new sitcom, a truly talented and funny (get that Asston? Jon is funny, you not so much) guy.

1 Reply

Katz:  1151 days ago

Ashton should just do what he does best, be the husband of Demi! Oh I forgot, he does some practical jokes too. The guy is an idiot and can't act! Stay home you won't be missed!

Jude:  1150 days ago

So Jake wasn't missed when his dad moved out of the Malibu house. Berta's "in-head" thoughts were kinda creepy. Ashton was great, and Cryer, as well. What happened to Rose? Hopefully they will tighten up the script. I'll be watching!

what:  1150 days ago

TWO AND A HALF MEN SUCK NOW! CHUCK LORRE IS AN ASS!!!

Charles Van Meter:  1150 days ago

Stay tuned for the the Kushner-Cryer gay love story. The show was always gay on the nod, but now it is coming out of the closet (Lorre could get away with the gay innuendos with Sheen, not so much with Ashton Kucner).

Joann:  1150 days ago

I'm with Jude. This show is getting t better and better now that we understand the direction Ashton's character is going in. The pieces are falling into place. There will always be people who don't like the new show but there were people who didn't like the old show. That's life.

Jon Cryer is brilliant as a second banana. He fits in with Ashton as easy as he did with Charlie. The scene with him and Ashton on the fence after Ashton's wife turned on the current had me rolling. Jon's income show be in the millions. The man is good.

I hope they do more interaction with ALL the cast members. I also hope by introducing Ashton's screen wife does NOT mean Judith is gone. Crazy Rose should still be part of the show but since her main focus on the show was with Charlie and he's dead, I don't think that's going to happen.

I have watched "Men" since day one and will continue to watch the new revamped "Men"....Charlie who???

KSH:  1150 days ago

Are you kidding me... i also watched two and half men for Charlie's sexist jokes and innuendos, and cryer's stupidities... watched the latest to see the transition to Ashton, and will probably continue to watch because of being hooked on the theme of the show... But all the cut-downs and belittling of Charlie Sheen was outrageous. It clearly showed what low class and shameless Chuck Lorre is... Having women talk of STDs which was never brought up in Charlie's days, is absolute shameful. How the hell is lorre going to cut Charlie's sleeping around and promote Ashton immediately banging two strangers without any STD reference.... And how low can Lorre get to have to parade Ashton in the nude around the set and all the Ohs and Ahs for the size of the package.... has Lorrre gone mad.... Come on network execs, don't be fooled by this garbage, just because he gives you all Mike and Molly and other shows.... you can not let him do this... He is totally hell-bent over showing Charlie up, and that's a shame. Charlie has accepted his screwup in speaking out against Lorre, he should accept that and leave it at that... and try to bring him back. Ashton is just a frat-boy with no personality and talent, you can't use him to fill Charlie's spot. Yes Cryer is really carrying the show right now, and Ashton will always just be a supporting role... He could never lead as Charlie... is Lorre too blind to see that...

CRox:  1149 days ago

Jon Cryer is holding this show together. I tell you, they almost lost me Monday nite. Ashton Kutcher naked is not comedy (or is it). When Ashton and Jon woke up on the lounger together NAKED, that was just about the last straw for me. I saw no humor there.
If the show on Monday, October 3 is as bad as the one on January 26 - they will have lost my viewership forever (except for reruns with Charlie).
Chuck Lorre, u are not real bright if u think America wants to see Aston naked playing a character with NO PERSONALITY. Chuck your new scripts SUCK!!!!
If Lorre and Sheen can't reach an amicable resolution, then give Jon Cryer a NEW show he can call his own. Face it, Jon Cryer is an excellent actor and he is the back bone of Two and a Half Men. Problem now is - there is no front bone!!

CRox:  1149 days ago

Hey - Let's start a movement.
Give Jon Cryer is own show!!!!!

Raymond:  1148 days ago

Show has jumped the shark

BarrysConspiracyWorld:  1148 days ago

I hope Jon Cryer is making more money than kutcher, because he's the only funny person on the show now. Check Barry's Conspiracy World

CountryGal:  1147 days ago

Ashton is a lying cheating piece of dung. Good job cheating on your beautiful wife moron.

pups:  1147 days ago

I like the show and I like Ashton. I've always enjoyed his acting. I did think the show crossed the line with the naken wake up in the lounge chair seen, it wasn't funny. I also think Berta has not been funny..and where in the hell is Jake? I will continue to watch but hope the writers clean the script up a little. ok a lot
As far as Ahton's personal life..it's no ones business and we should all just stop talking about it.

2 Replies

Choyce2020:  1145 days ago

Ashton K. needs to stick to pulling pranks on unsuspecting victims...he is an "overpaid" moron who can't act & is a worse husband b/c of his cheating ways. Shame on him he will not be able to save 2 1/2 Men...he's terrible.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments