Videos

Stacy Francis on "X Factor" Judges: I Got Beat Up!

It was rock night on "The X Factor" last night -- but Stacy Francis was singing the blues after the judges ripped her shaky performance apart.

The singer from Nicole Scherzinger's Over 30 group took on Meat Loaf "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" and failed to hit a number of the song's big notes.

After the performance, L.A. Reid was nice enough, but Paula Abdul started with the bad critiques -- telling her "This was my least favorite song you ever performed."

It was Simon Cowell who went in for the kill though, telling her "I thought the song was a horrible choice. I wanted rock, that was a pebble."

While the audience booed, Simon continued, "It's the sort of thing I expect someone to sing at the Hilton Hotel, with people turning their backs eating peanuts. You are going backwards right now, you've got to sort yourself out. This is not a cabaret competition, this is to find a recording artist. This is absolutely not working."

While Stacy just gave Simon a blank face of doom and said it was for her fans on stage, she went off on the judges backstage.

"I got beat up tonight. I felt like it was really unfair. I didn't feel like it was a fair evaluation," Stacy told E!. "I'm not one to toot my horn ... but I was later told that I was not off-pitch at all and Paula said I was flat. That wasn't true."

She adds "Simon said I sounded like a cabaret singer and yet the same thing that I do when I first got here, that he loved in my first audition, now he's beating me up."

What do you think -- were the judges hard on her? They have been uncharacteristically nice to a lot of the contestants up until now ... sound off below!
1117_francis

Lau:  1079 days ago

This woman can't hear herself sing... She was HORRIBLE last night. I invited my mom over and it was her first time watching X Factor, and she almost put her hands on her ears during Stacy's (poor) performance. There were moments in previous performances where she really impressed me, but this time she was off-key, flat, and she can't control her voice on the low notes. I hope she gets eliminated tonight. Even Lakoda Rayne was better...

Truth:  1078 days ago

THERE'S A REASON WHY STACY FRANCIS - WHO HAS BEEN IN THE BIZ 20 F*CKING YEARS - AND STILL HASNT MADE IT BIG... YEA, CRAW BACK TO THAT FAKE SINGLE MOMMY WITH KID CRY FEST STORY SHE'S BEEN USING SINCE DAY ONE. MEANWHILE SHE'S BEEN IN A FEMALE RNB GROUP, DONE VIDEOS, HAD A COUPLE OF HITS ON THE RNB CHARTS, DID OFF BROADWAY, APPEARANCES, TOURED, MUSICALS, ETC. ETC. SINCE SHE WAS LATE TEENS!!!! SO MUCH FOR THE NEWBIE STORY. GET F*CKING REALZ!! SHE'S DONE. TRUTH!!!!

bflyhi:  1078 days ago

LA Reid complains about Drew sounding the same every week but his favorite Astro sounds the same from his audition to now, whats up with that. LA seems to be bias.

Areader:  1078 days ago

Stacy Francis is an outright fraud! Her entire X-Factor promo package has been proven to be one lie after the other! I'm all for second chances, however, not when she's telling lie after lie and the X-Factor producers condone it and promote it!

Holly:  1078 days ago

Actually I think she has a good voice but she definitley murdered that song last night. And as she reluctantly admitted, she picked the song herself. So thems the breaks. Thought it was a bit petty not to thank her mentor but still find time to fawn over Simon Cowell. Odds imo that Josh, Melanie and Rachel will be the last three standing. Drew is good but starting to get boring now. And. widdle Astro imo has always been seen as a money maker for Cowell. Hence his survival after last nights tantrum and the fact that he is allowed to do his rap thing every week. The UK version of the show has proven that the winning acts dont always go on to have the most success. Some of them didnt get their record contracts renewed after year one. Google, Joe McElderry, Shane Ward and Steve Brookstein.

diane:  1077 days ago

The look on her face all night was teerrible,she looked like she was getting ready to beat the u know what outa someone,not a good performance either! Astro should not have been chosen either,he is too big for his britches!! ungrateful!!

dierdre:  1074 days ago

SORRY, BUT THIS IS ONE UGLY DEAD AZZ WOMAN....THE FACES ALONE SHE MADE THE OTHER NITE WERE OUTRIGHT SCARY......WOW...IF LOOKS COULD KILL....THAT STATEMENT WAS MADE FOR HER.....SHE CANNOT SING, AND ALL SHE DID WEEK AFTER WEEK WAS SCREAM.....SHE WAS ALWAYS OFF KEY, COULDN'T HOLD A NOTE IF HER LIFE DEPENDED ON IT....AMERICA MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.....AS MUCH AS I DISLIKE THIS CREEP ASTRO, I'M GLAD FRANCIS IS GONE.....GET RID OF THE BAD, NEXT WEEK THE INGRATE PUNK ASTRO SHOULD GO...... KEEP THE GREATS ON LIKE MELANIE AMARO, RACHEL CROW, JOSH KRAZNIC, THERE ALL GOOD , JUST GET RID OF THE ONES WHO THINK THEY ARE SOOOO GREAT, AND THIS SHOW JUST MIGHT MAKE IT......NUFF SAID.....