Videos

"X Factor" Contestant Breaks Down During Elimination

It was an emotional night on "The X Factor" Thursday -- when one early favorite broke down after she was eliminated.

Young contestants Astro and 14-year-old Drew Ryniewicz were both given the boot by the judges ... where Drew almost lost it after hearing the news.

The singer, who first gained attention with her amazing rendition of Justin Bieber's "Baby," was kicked off after singing one-too-many slow songs on the show -- and Simon took all the blame.

"I got it wrong. I shouldn't have chosen that song," he said of her singing "Billie Jean" on Wednesday night. "It was too slow. I should have listened to the others."

His pleading wasn't enough to convince the other judges though. She was eliminated and fell apart on stage.

Simon ran on stage to console the girl, who told the audience, through sobs, "I  want to say thank you to my fans... I have a lot to show you guys and it's a lot more upbeat."

Do you think the judges made the right choice ... or should they have sent Marcus home instead?

1202_factor_landscape

Lilly Pad:  1020 days ago

It was sooo sad,then realized Drew is 14 years old, but fear not, Simon will take care of her,she'll have her career.Couldn't help but feel sad for her,....she just kept ballin' her eyes. It was such a blessing to see such a soft side to Simon,.......nice.

Marilyn:  1020 days ago

SO THRILLED that Astro is GONE!!! That freakin' little punk needs to learn a little humility or he's going to have a very sad life.

Nicole ... what were you thinking with Josh? This is not the *****cat Dolls in Las Vegas, it's a family show with little kids watching. Wrong song, WAY wrong dance routine; I think the only reason he ended up in the bottom 4 is because of your incredibly poor choices for him. Get real or he's going to get kicked off!

Drew ... you were the best and your song gave me chills. So sorry you were eliminated but you have a big career ahead of you. Hang in there!!!

1 Reply

A Real Lawyer:  1020 days ago

Marilyn,

Josh wasn't in the bottom 4. Do you watch the same show as everyone else? He was in the top four and they were called in no particular order. Duh!

Josh did fine.

As for Simon, it was nice to see a softer side. Drew wasn't going to win so she may as well went home. I realize she's only 14 but crying and carrying on like she didn't deserve to go home means the other ones did? It's a cold, cruel word out there Drew. suck it up.

Astro has a bad attitude and so did his mother. The apple didnt fall far from the tree.

Rachel or Melanie is going to win.

kevin:  1020 days ago

OMG Drew! You were sobbing like a little baby, You can tell she was only 14 yrs old. As for Astro he is an amazing talent for someone that also is very young and can write his own lyrics everyweek .
I think it will be bewtween Josh and Melanie

Adrienne:  1020 days ago

this show disappoints me. i think everyone has great talent but the judges picking out ever song is a terrible mistake. i like all of them better in auditions. just my opinion. i do think its between Mel or Josh. good luck astro and drew you two will be fine.

1 Reply

DEBBIE:  1020 days ago

Drew needs to grow up. It's a tough business and people don't buy records with the same melody on each song. She was dissapointing each time she sang, I kept waiting for something new, but was lifeless. Even Taylor Swift changes it up a bit, but can also do the same type of songe. And Simon what's up with you? This isn't the first mistake you've made. You almost lost Melanie. I love her. she moves me everytime she sings.
Sorry Drew but you were not meant to win this, but you will have a carreer to grow up with.

1 Reply

TXluvsMJ2:  1020 days ago

Reading through these comments made me realize how many people watch way too much television...and then to see what they are watching; makes me cringe.

Ritza:  1020 days ago

Rachel Crow is the least talented of the contestants and should have been sent home last night instead of Drew. Rachel can't sing.

1 Reply

22plays:  1020 days ago

Bad night for Drew, worse night for LA, Paula and Nichole.

Mike H:  1020 days ago

What a sham this show is (like most of them) Drew at least was honest...its ok to be 14 and get hurt and cry all over the place...bottom line though..once you step on to a national television stage (or the music biz) nothing is fair..its all about $$ and ratings..and learn not to take things so personally...life is tough/you dont often get what you want...this was a good early lesson in life....last night you were not at your best and just based on that..the right person went home. Paula (if she had any brains..which of course she doesnt) should have just voted for Drew and tied it up letting the fan vote be the deciding factor...Astro would have gone..and Drew probably would have gone next time anyway...I dont like Astro's "music" but he does have a stage talent/presence and when he got the boot he sucked it up and moved on...good job !!! Simon owned up for his screw up...fair enough (though it was all staged) and kudo'sfor at least looking concerned and comforting the waterworks queen. Both the female judges need to go from this show...both are loosers. If the show does indeed find talent and get them started on a career then thats a good thing after all...despite all the fakery that goes along with it...thats show business right ????

skooter:  1020 days ago

Yes, Drew should have been voted off. She is talented, as is Astro, but LA tried for two weeks to tell Simon she was singing the wrong songs. They all sounded alike. Simon wouldn't listen and Drew in all of her arrogance basically told LA he didn't know what he was talking about. America voted and she was put in the position to be voted off. The biggest problem with contestants that young is that they are not used to criticism or rejection. We say the same thing with Astro. They are used to people fawning all over them and telling them that everything they do is great. I have no doubt that each one of them will have great careers.
Now, Chris Renee? He is very affable, but the boy couldn't hold a note if I held it with him. Marcus has talent, but has some major refining to do. Rachel Crow, my little boo boo, is just so adorable. She has major promise in all areas of entertainment. But, if there is true fairness, the winner will either be Melanie or Josh.

dierdre:  1019 days ago

LETS FACE IT, FOR THIS KID DREW, IT WAS INEVITABLE THAT SHE WAS GOING HOME....SHE TOTALLY SUCKED, AND I AM VERY SUPRISED SIMON PICKED HER ON HIS TEAM.....YOU COULD NEVER HEAR HER WHEN SHE SANG, AND WAS TOTALLY BORING AS HELL.....THE INGRATE ASTRO ON THE OTHER HAND, WAS DOOMED TO GO HOME, WITH THIS PUNKS ATTITUDE AND THE YO YO YO WAS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH....THIS PUNK WILL NOT MAKE IT......I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE THINK HE'S TALENTED, HE HAS THE BIGGEST EGO, AND THE WORST ATTITUDE AND FOR THAT ALONE, HE WON'T MAKE IT IN THE INDUSTRY OF SHOW BIZ......IF HE DOES MAKE IT, HIS FOLLOWERS WILL BE 5-12 YEARS O****E, OR ANYONE WHO IS AN ADULT THAT DIGS THIS MORON ARE MORONS THEMSELVES..............NUFF SAID......

Gisele:  1016 days ago

I find it funny all these comments on here, the girl was 14 years old give her a break. I bet she has a better voice then anybody writing all those rude remarks. This is why i don'*****ch T.V, it makes people criticize other people when they themselves are no better. Watch the show enjoy the talent and when a contestant get voted off, instead of saying all these nasty things, hope you will hear about them in the future!!! these are after all kids, right!!

MaryLou:  1016 days ago

Why in the hell is Paula back on...omg...somebody please take her crazy butt off the air...

dierdre:  1016 days ago

Paula Abdul along with Nicole whats her name are 2 of the most brainless morons on tv today.....pleeeeeeeze Simon don't let either one come back next season.....It's so obvious that you too cannot stand these idiots.....besides they are soooo jealous of you.....I know you already know that anyhow, so get rid of them....the show will last a lot longer.......

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments