News

Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage

1208_duggar_singleSad news for the Duggar family today, as Michelle and Jim Bob announced that Michelle has miscarried.

“Earlier today at a routine doctor's appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby," Jim says in a statement.

"Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family. We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time.”

The two "19 Kids and Counting" stars went in for what was supposed to be a routine check-up to find out their 20th child's gender on Thursday, but the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat, according to PEOPLE.

"It has been a real sad disappointment" Michelle says. "We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment."

"They have all been so excited about this baby and looking forward to April coming around and having a new little one in our arms," she adds. "That was the most difficult. The Lord is the giver of life and he can choose when that life is ready to go on and be with Him."

This is Michelle's second miscarriage, the couple also lost the baby during her second pregnancy.

Willa:  1020 days ago

This is Gods way of saying 19 is enough. Please, listen to Him.

Susie:  1020 days ago

Willa, exactly my thoughts. Please stop having babies and do not see this as some backwards event to make you have more!
God gives us a mind to think what is best for us, its the decisions WE make that are good or bad. Start making good decisions in stead of taking the chance of leaving 19 children without a mother.
I cannot imagine that family coping without Michelle and her organization, time management seriously.
Just stop.

Barbara:  1020 days ago

Mr. and Mrs. Duggar, please stop. enough now. take care of the 19 you already have and be grateful for them. You have been blessed and it is ok to say enough. Many people go their entire lives without the blessing of a child and you have more than your share. Stop. enough. PLEASE!!!!

Sarafina:  1020 days ago

Sorry you suffered the miscarriage. I agree with Barbara's comment...enough is enough.

pinkariana04:  1020 days ago

Thoughts and prayers to the family but like everyone else it's time to stop having more. I agree with every post on here.

Grace:  1020 days ago

I have come to really admire the Duggar family as they are so loving and the kids are so well behaved. I only had two children and they are wonderful and we love them very much. I wish I had more but 19 would be unthinkable for me personally. The Lord will close the womb in His own time. Blessing to a full recovery for Michelle. (Who is anyone else to tell the Duggars when to stop bearing children? They have done better by their 19 than most parents do with much fewer. I don't judge what is none of my business.)

1 Reply

Traci:  1020 days ago

She needs to quit becoming pregnant, however, the problem is, some religions do not believe in birth control

nikkiolio:  1020 days ago

I second that, Grace.

lady:  1020 days ago

I am so sorry for there loss and prayers go out to them at this time. They are a really great family and live the way God has intended us all to live. May God continue to bless this family.

Carrie:  1020 days ago

The Duggars are just observing their religious beliefs when it comes to having children. I'm sorry to hear about their loss.

Lolita:  1020 days ago

I agree that it's their personal business how many kids they have, but if you look at her age, and the fact that she had her last child very very prematurely, the poor baby had to be in NICU for so long, I just think that's not fair. It's not an ethical question anymore, it's a medical one. Take the cues that your body is giving you, Mrs. Duggar, and close the womb. Not to mention that her grandchildren are now older than some of her own children. That's weird.

daisy27:  1020 days ago

I certainly think they are getting clear signs from God that they are done having children. I respect that it is their choice to have a large family, but our bodies are only made to do so much. Michelle's last pregnancy was dangerous and caused problems for that poor child and now she is having a miscarriage. What will it take? For her or the child dying from complications? It's hard to say goodbye to that part of our life, but there comes a time for everyone where it is no longer safe.

She's baaaack:  1020 days ago

I guess the saying is "The Lord Giveth and The Lord Taketh Away." In this case, maybe the Lord will taketh away this guys wood, because obiously he has no control and can't keep it in his pants when it is appropriate. She's a real piece of work and maybe The Lord decided not to giveth her other children another sibling to raise. I find them both rather disgusting considering they are horny sexual freaks.

1 Reply

momtomany:  1020 days ago

I can't believe some of you are telling her this is a sign to stop. Would you say that to someone who miscarried thier first pregancy? second? third? (Although, 3 is probably way to many for some of you) you can't change the "meaning" of a miscarriage to fit YOUR belief. The fact is the Duggars are living the way we were intended. Most of us are just not willing to sacrifice our own 'wants' to have more children.( I also understand, some people are not able to have children and I am not refering to them) Our society is becoming very entitled and selfish. You can't judge other peoples families. I would guess if people examined your life under a microscope and felt it was their job to tell you what to change, you would be pretty surprised by the results.

1 Reply

Melaniem68:  1020 days ago

Let me explain something to everyone commenting with half@#$ed ways. The ONLY thing to say at a time like this is "I am sorry!" Shut up beyond that. No matter what your opinion of the number of children they have.....your condolences on their loss are lost once you tell them that enough is enough. Let them have their grief without crappy comments in behind this.

They are supporting their children without governmental assistance and raising their children in what seems to be a very happy and well rounded environment. Just because 20 kids is not for you doesn't mean you should pass judgement. Considering statistics show that 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage, she's been very lucky to only have two out of 21 pregnancies. Let her and her family grieve without the comments unless you can simply say "I'm sorry."

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments