The official start of summer is right around the corner, and you know what that means: bikini season!
Stars including Miley Cyrus, Naya Rivera and Vanessa Hudgens have already flaunted their fit figures in two-pieces. Check out the photos below and then read on to find out how you too can get a hot beach body:
Here are 7 simple tips from Les Mills trainer Steven Renata and physiotherapist Bryce Hastings on how to tackle those tough-to-tone areas -- your abs and your butt -- before slipping into your swimsuit or swim trunks. Because let's face it, guys want to look good too!
1. First, think of your fitness routines as a form of recreation. For example, BODYPUMP® by Les Mills works because it is a hard but fun workout. The music and choreography, which changes every three months, will rock your fitness routine into shape.
2. Your workout regime should include cardio to shed fat, then strength training to sculpt muscle lean muscle. In BODYPUMP® you will average 800 reps! That's more than four times what the average person can do in a gym workout and it pushes your body to shed fat while focusing on all major muscle groups by using the best weight exercises: squats, presses, lifts, and curls.
3. Awesome abs are attainable via reactive core training. Picture it as a default setting for your abs ... an automatic reaction that happens when you load the abs in certain ways. When you put your body into a position like a hover, your front, back and sides are engaged (crunches only engage the top part of the abs).All you have to do is get in the right position --and whamo -- your automatic wiring does the rest. CXWORX are a great core workout.
4. Want great glutes? Horses have amazing glutes. That’s because they're continually working their legs at right angles to their body which is the point of most effective glute training. Getting to that 90 degree angle (or getting your thigh parallel to the floor) in lunges -- or your butt just above your knee -- is the secret to great glutes.
5. Along with training, it is important to maintain healthy eating habits. Eat fresh foods that are low in sodium. This will help reduce bloating after meals so you can look your leanest in your bikini. Fresh berries, leafy greens (the darker the better), and colorful veggies are super-nutritious.
6. Stay cool by staying hydrated. Clinical research shows that drinking water can increase your fat-burning metabolism, while making you look and feel great.
7. Invite some friends, colleagues or your partner to join you. It turns exercise into a social experience and you can catch up on life at the same time!
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.