Ladies, it is bikini season, and whether your a Hollywood starlet or average Jane, you want to look your very best at the beach or pool.
Celebrity waxologist and Stript Wax Bar owner Katherine Goldman (inset above) has six simple summer waxing tips to get and maintain a sexy bikini line. Her celebrity clients include "Dancing With the Stars" Peta Murgatroyd and many other stars, but these techniques will work for any woman.
1. Make sure to keep up with your monthly waxing schedule during summer months. Skipping a month or two or even more can undo all the good that comes with regular waxing; less pain, thinner and finer hair growth as well as a reduction in the amount of hair.
2. Make sure not to shave in between waxing appointments. It may be tempting to grab a razor but will make it much harder to get good results from waxing. Shaving cuts hair at the thickest part of the hair shaft, creating the appearance of stubble. Not attractive on the bikini line!
3. Exfoliate every week. Make sure to exfoliate your body on a weekly basis. Summer heat and exposure to the pool or ocean water can lead to dull, dry skin and a quick body scrub will reveal the newer skin underneath. It allows your waxing to be more effective since dead skin can trap hairs underneath it.
4. Moisturize your skin every day, except for the day of your waxing appointment! Keeping skin hydrated with lotions is a great idea but can affect how the wax adheres so please skip this step on appointment day.
5. Remember to use a product to treat and prevent ingrown hairs. If you wear a bikini you should treat the bikini line. If you are prone to ingrowns make sure to use a product with active ingredients such as salicylic acid to treat the bumps! This way you can prevent them from scaring the skin and leaving permanent marks or pigmentation.
6. Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours before or after sun exposure and never wax over sun burned skin!
If you're in the Los Angeles area and want to get serviced by Katherine and her amazing staff, check out Stript Wax Bar L.A. on 3rd Street (it was named the "Top LA Waxing Destination" by Allure Magazine). Be sure to like their Facebook page for special promotions! There are also locations in Northern California.
And because a great bikini line is every woman's envy, check out these of stars looking their bikini best!
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.