With Halloween right around the corner, we're counting down the days by posting five fun facts about our favorite fright flicks.
Today's featured film is "Dawn of the Dead" (2004).
1. "Dawn of the Dead" was Zach Snyder's directorial debut. He would go on to direct blockbusters "300" and "Watchmen." He will also direct next year's highly anticipated Superman movie, "Man of Steel."
2. "Dawn of the Dead" marked one of Ty Burrell's earliest film roles (see his character here). He's best known now as Phil Dunphy on the hit sitcom "Modern Family."
3. The mall scenes were shot at Thornhill Square Shopping Center in Thornhill, Ontario. The mall was already defunct, which made it easier to shoot in. It was demolished after filming was completed.
4. Starbucks refused to be let its brand be used. The mall coffee shop was named Hallowed Grounds. The department store Gaylen Ross was named after one of the original "Dawn of the Dead" actors.
5. The obese woman the second group of survivors pushed into the mall in a wheelbarrow wasn't a woman at all. She was played by stuntman Ermes Blarasin.
For more fun/freaky facts, make sure to check out these flicks also!
"Shaun of the Dead"
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.