With Halloween right around the corner, we're counting down the days by posting five fun facts about our favorite fright flicks.
Today's featured film is "Child’s Play" (1988).
1. The film was released on November 9, 1988 -- the same date as the opening scene where Charles Lee Ray (Brad Dourif) transfers his soul into the Good Guy doll.
2. Catherine Hicks (Karen, Andy’s mom, above left) met Kevin Yagher, who designed and created Chucky, on set. The two were married in 1990.
3. Chucky the Good Guy doll’s full name is Charles Lee Ray, taken from the three famous killers Charles Manson, Lee Harvey Oswald and James Earl Ray.
4. To get into character, Brad Dourif would run around the recording studio and work himself up before delivering his lines as Chucky. This would drain his energy so much that after a take of recording his scream from being burned alive (above), he nearly fainted.
5. In the scene where Maggie babysits Andy (Alex Vincent), she is sitting on the couch and Chucky runs past her. There were no fancy camera tricks or motorized dolls here -- Alex's little sister dressed up as the doll to run down the hallway.
Click on the "Launch Gallery" below to see more horror film child actors all grown up:
© 2014 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.