With Halloween right around the corner, we're counting down the days by posting five fun facts about our favorite fright flicks.
Today's featured film is "Interview With the Vampire" (1994).
1. Johnny Depp was reportedly offered the part of Lestat, but Tom Cruise ended up playing him. Tom prepared for the role by watching videos of lions attacking zebras.
2. A private set and tunnels were built to escort the actors to and from set so that they were able to keep the vampire's makeup a secret.
3. Tom Cruise spent three hours each day in makeup. In order to create the "veiny" look, the actors hung upside down for 30 minutes until blood rushed to their heads, and make-up artists would trace the veins on their faces.
4. Christina Ricci, Julia Stiles and Evan Rachel Wood auditioned for the role of Claudia but it ultimately went to Kirsten Dunst.
5. River Phoenix was originally supposed to play the role of Daniel, but passed away four weeks before filming began. Christian Slater stepped in, and donated his salary to two of River's charities.
For more fun horror movie facts, check out these other flicks:
"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre"
"Shaun of the Dead"
"Dawn of the Dead"
"Nightmare on Elm Street"
© 2014 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.