The holidays are finally upon us, and in celebration we're posting five fun facts about our favorite festive flicks.
Today's featured film Helen Fielding’s classic novel turned 2001 film adaptation, "Bridget Jones’s Diary."
1. To prepare for the role, Renee Zellweger not only packed on 25lbs, but she actually worked at a British publishing company for a month -- she worked under an alias and adopted a British accent, and apparently went unrecognized! All she kept on her desk was a picture of her then boyfriend Jim Carrey which her co-workers found to be odd ... but didn’t bring it up in fear of embarrassing her.
2. Renee smoked herbal cigarettes in the film, not real ones.
3. In order to perfect her English accent, Zellweger spoke in the accent on and off set for the entire length of filming. It wasn’t until the wrap party that her costars heard her speak in her real voice to which Hugh Grant thought sounded “very strange.”
4. Author Helen Fielding describes Hugh Grant, in real life, to be more like his character Daniel Cleaver than any other of his “normal” roles.
5. The film has different end credits in different countries, for example in the U.S. it's a home video of Bridget playing in a pool with Mark Darcy and in Europe, Australia and Latin America it’s a montage of stills plus interviews about Bridget and Darcy with Daniel Cleaver.
Check out the trailer for the flick below!
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Santa Clause
© 2014 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.