The holidays are finally upon us, and in celebration we're posting five fun facts about our favorite festive flicks.
Today's featured film is the 1994 Christmas classic, "The Santa Clause."
1. Disney has a policy that doesn’t allow them to hire ex-cons. They made an exception when they
hired Tim Allen to play Santa Clause because he had a criminal background (for drug trafficking in 1978).
2. In the 1995 VHS version of the film, Tim Allen made a sarcastic remark, "1-800-SPANK-ME," to his
ex-wife. The scene was taken out of the later movie releases because a mom complained it was
a real sex hotline number. Her child had called it and racked up a $400 phone bill!
3. In the film, Tim Allen (Scott) and Eric Lloyd (Charlie) drive down the road in a sleigh and ask a truck driver for directions. The truck driver, Jimmy Labriola, also plays Benny on Tim Allen’s show "Home
4. When Scott and Charlie leave the North Pole, the moon in the background is in the shape of
5. Chevy Chase was originally supposed to play the role of Santa Claus, but had to turn it down
because of scheduling conflicts with another movie.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bridget Jones's Diary
The Santa Clause
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.