The holidays are finally upon us and in celebration we're posting five fun facts about our favorite festive flicks!
Today's featured film is the 1990 Christmas classic "Home Alone."
1. Promotional art for the movie, featuring Macaulay Culkin with his hands on his face and screaming, was based on the painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch (below).
2. Director Chris Columbus thought it would be too mean to make fun of a young girl, so the photo of Buzz's girlfriend (woof!) is actually of a boy made up as a girl.
3. The map in the film that shows Kevin's battle plan and traps was drawn by Macauly himself.
4. Daniel Stern (Marv) and Joe Pesci (Harry) didn't go through too much pain while filming. Stern wore rubber feet for his barefoot scenes -- and the ornaments he stepped on when climbing through the window were actually made of candy.
The same can't be said for Culkin. In the scene where Harry pretends to bite off Kevin's finger, he actually bit hard enough to leave a scar.
5. Stern did only one take of the scene with the tarantula crawling across his face. He had to "yell" silently and have the sound added later, since the scream would have scared the spider.
For more Holiday Movie Trivia, check out the links below:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Bridget Jones's Diary
The Santa Clause
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.