Remember little Danny Torrance? Well, he's not so little anymore.
With Halloween right around the corner, we're counting down the days by posting five fun facts about our favorite fright flicks.
And today's featured film is "The Shining," (1980).
So, what happened to the actor who played Danny? Keep reading ....
5 Fun & Freaky Facts
1. Child actor Dan Lloyd left Hollywood behind and now, at the age of 40, lives outside of Louisville, Kentucky. He's married, has six kids of his own and works as a biology teacher at a community college.
"People don't recognize me when I go out in public," he said in a recent interview. "I'm glad I was in 'The Shining.' It was not a bad experience for me. It just wasn't something that panned out, and I decided to go back to being a regular kid."
2. Robert De Niro and Robin Williams were both considered for the role of Jack Torrance, but Kubrick reportedly thought De Niro wasn’t "psychotic" enough after ... and that Willams was "too psychotic." The book's writer, Stephen King, wanted Jon Voight or Michael Moriarty.
3. During the making of the movie, Kubrick would call Stephen King at 3:00 AM and ask him random questions like, "Do you believe in God?" Later, King would famously say he's not a fan of the adaptation.
4. Kubrick, who’s known for being a perfectioninst, shot the blood pouring from the elevator scene in just three takes ... but each take took 9 days to set up!
5. The maze of snow at the end of the movie was not made of real snow. It was 900 tons of salt and crushed styrofoam.
Want more horror goodness? Check out these spooky stories below:
"Hocus Pocus" Cast Reunites 20 Years Later
Original "Carrie" Star Reveals Set Secrets
5 Freaky Facts About "Saw"
9 Questions with Scream Queen Danielle Harris
5 Freaky Facts About "The Blair Witch Project"
© 2013 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.