Universal Pictures, who made all the "Fast and Furious" films, is mourning the loss of the franchise's star, Paul Walker.
"All of us at Universal are heartbroken," a rep tells toofab. "Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the FAST AND FURIOUS films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."
Walker died in a car crash on Saturday in Santa Clarita, California. He was 40.
The actor was seen filming scenes for the upcoming "Fast & Furious 7" as recently as last week. It's unclear how Walker's death will affect filming or how far into along they were.
The 40-year-oldx played Brian O'Conner in five of the films in the franchise and recently said the studio wanted to make at least three more films after Part 7.
"Well, the studio supposedly wants 8, 9 and 10," he told Collider. "I'll be 50 [by the time they're finished]. Even if 7 were to tank, there's at least an 8. That's a guarantee."
Do you think the franchise will still continue that long into the future without one of its main stars?
© 2014 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.