It's time to celebrate the best in TV!
The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards were handed out on Monday night at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles -- and a lot of the best action went down when the cameras weren't rolling.
Here are some great tidbits from the press room backstage:
- When Sarah Silverman was asked how she nabbed the role in "Masters of Sex," she bluntly said, "They had me in mind for the role and then I started f***king the star and that solidified it."
Silverman is currently dating Michael Sheen.
When asked by a reporter if she was stoned (after she famously showed off her vaporizer during an interview), she explained, "I don’t drink and I like to have a puff as a treat."
- Stephen Colbert revealed how he's planning to celebrate his Emmy win ... "In-N-Out burger. My pants are super tight and I had celery for breakfast."
- Meanwhile, Kathy Bates will be celebrating "by going to dinner with Melissa McCarthy and her husband Ben" and Julianna Margulies plans to have "a dirty martini with olives, straight up."
- Jessica Lange followed up her Emmy win by revealing her strangest fan encounter. "One day I was walking down the street in New Orleans and this guy was sitting on a stoop. He said, 'Holy s***balls, the Supreme!'"
- Louis C.K. may be a fan favorite, but he's still not comfortable with his fans. "I try to hide. It’s a weird moment to meet a fan. It’s awkward."
- Allison Janney was honored as Best Supporting Comedy Actress for "Mom," adding to the trophy she'd already picked up as guest actress on "Masters of Sex." So, where will she put her new hardware? "They’re above my television – the four I have for the 'West Wing,'" she said. "I moved them all over just in case. This one will go with her other sisters."
- And Julia Louis-Dreyfus commented on her steamy kiss with Bryan Cranston during the award show, saying, "He really went for it! I appreciate that. He goes all out with everything he does."
Check out all the behind-the-scenes shots above, and click "Launch Gallery" below to see the red carpet pics!
© 2014 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.